Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MULTIPEX M-LINK ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 AM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MULTIPEX M-LINK ?

I do not seem to find anything around here about Multiplex M-Link as it is popular here in Europe and has a good reputation, is it not available in the US?, just curious.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:38 AM
CustomPC

Default RE: MULTIPEX M-LINK ?

No, it's not available in the US because Hitec USA elected not to bring it in.

So the multiplex line of radios is fading into insignificance except for those users that have made the effort to convert their radios with 3rd party 2.4Ghz modules.

Multiplex and M-Link are available in Australia but it doesn't have a huge following.

I have a royal pro 9 and don't use anything close to it's potential, yet it seems like every time i use this 10 year old design i find some new "feature" that the competitors are only just putting in their radios.

I love the M-Link telemetry. I use it to monitor receiver voltage and mAh usage of my A123 packs. I also use the rpm and temp sensors one of my planes.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:35 AM
jetster81

Ah I wondered what had happened,like you I am a big fan and have used MPX for 30 years or more( with a short break with Spektrum) 3010/3030/4000 and now I have just bought a Royal Evo Pro 16ch M-Link as I fly jets and need the channels and like you say there is always something new to discover that it will do that the others are just waking up to.

And yes the telemetry is very good also, I have always found that MPX stuff to be of great quality and as far as reliability, virtually bomb proof.

It is a pity that Hitec decided not to import the radios as there is I think a missed opportunity for many to enjoy the quality and flexibility of these sets especially the HLG and glider boys,incidentally the 4000 is highly sought after still and fetch high prices in the used market, I regret selling mine.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Hitec USA was importing Multiplex radios in 72Mhz guise but refused to get M-Link 2.4Ghz its FCC certification which has had the effect of killing sales of Multiplex radios in the Americas to which HitecUSA distributes. There is a more local forum for Multiplex for you, at http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/board,182.0.html
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 AM
jetster81

Hi Harry, hope you are in good form and thanks for clearing that up for me, Cheers