Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10 x

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:26 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 x

Howdy all I have a 10x with a 2.4 spektrum modual and have been flying on a few windy days. Anywho I thought my planes were just getting blown around by the wind. I also have a aurora 9 which I swapped the receiver over and the difference was night and day. The thing now flies as if its on rails. Now the 10x is a few yrs old and Im wondering if bad pots on the sticks could be the cause. I have no idea this is just a guess. Anyone have an opinion or have had similar probs. with their radio. I still love the 10 x and want it back to the way it felt when I fist got it. I think its been gradually been going downhill and untill the radio swap I thought it was just me. Cheers the pope
Old 11-13-2011, 10:12 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: 10 x

Never heard of a Tx much less a quality one like a 10x causing a model to fly any differently, maybe old or worn out servos could give the symptons you describe. I have a 8UAF bought in 97 that still flies my models just like it did when new. Maybe getting your 10x serviced might be the way to go.

Karol
Old 11-13-2011, 10:19 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Stop the press. I just did a web search and came across a Spectrum JR Tx Module Bulletin for users of the Spectrum JR10x with the Spectrum 2.4 module, advising about the possiblility of servos malfunction with this setup. See http://www.jrradios.com./Articles/Ar...?ArticleD=1693 If that link does not work use your browser and search for: Spectrum JR 10x Transmitter Module Bulletin

Karol
Old 11-13-2011, 03:12 PM
the pope

Thanks for doing my homework for me ( I wish I knew you in school ), I really appreciate your effort . I will have to check that out, The modual is about 6 mths old so I dont know if I have the updated one . I buggered up the old one trying to replace a broken aerial . Is there a way to tell? Its not a old servo issue as the plane flew much better with the hitec tx after the 10 x. It also seems to happen with all my planes not just the odd one. I will check the travel adjust and if all is well I think I might send it in to be looked at . I might send spektrum an email to see what they think before hand. Thanks again the pope. P.S. I just noticed the date on the bullitin and it says 2007 so unless that date has nothing to do with the bullitin I think Im safe with that. Cheers
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM
jmdairplane

i have a jr10x airplane model went to 2.4ghz using a spectrum 9 channel reciever have several models on them some gave me the transmitter
had it checked out at horrizon the said it was in mint condition i really like this radio but also have futaba