Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C transmitter Airplane or Heli?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 PM
cphdrider
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C transmitter Airplane or Heli?

Does mod# 7CA24GRX on a Futaba 7C mean airplane or helicopter? Can the rachet gimbels be changed from right to left or left to right without returning to Fubaba?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Futaba 7C transmitter Airplane or Heli?

Futaba 7C Airplane version 2.4Ghz, probably was sold with a receiver as a pair. According to the manual I downloaded from www.futaba-rc.com, page 15 says that the service center must change the ratchet.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 AM
pilotpete2

Most folks do the swap themselves. Very easy to do. A small pull type spring hook is a help, but not necessary, though you can make one out of a paper clip, using fine pointed needle nose pliers to make a hook on one end. The mechanical part of changing the stick mode involves moving the ratchet leaf spring (small, #1 Phillips screw) to the side that will now be the throttle stick, and moving the centering arm and tension spring for the elevator stick centering. The bit in the manual is just "CYA", though to be fair, there are some folks that should not be allowed to have a screwdriver, or any pointy object in their hands[&o].
Best of luck,
Pete
Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 AM
cphdrider
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the info fellows, I will dochange myself.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: cphdrider

Does mod# 7CA24GRX on a Futaba 7C mean airplane or helicopter? Can the rachet gimbels be changed from right to left or left to right without returning to Fubaba?

You can easily change the ratchet from side to side and the mode programming will complete the process. I fly helis on mode 2 and have always flown planes on mode 1 (over 40 years) so I often get to perform this process. Other than the most expensive and complicated of Futaba transmitters, they all allow for mode changes. One transmitter, the Hitech A9 allows you to change modes from outside the case with just a screwdriver and a allen wrench.