Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What wil JR do to match the 18MZ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Mavpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wil JR do to match the 18MZ?

I am a well sworn JR man. Got my first 6 ch PCM back in 1991. Advanced to 347, 388, 10Sx`s, 10x`s, and now love my 12x. When Futaba launched their 14Mz, I had a look at it, and had to admit that they had taken things a step forward. But, because of their placement of the "shoulder switches" too close to each other, disabling me to put my finger between them to operate them, made me never have to even consider it again. BUT today I had a look at the new 18MZ...and hey, they have placed the switches to meet my requirements as a JR pilot.

I have to admit; my 12x is more of a radio than ever needed, but I am one of those who consider a new radio system just to keep inspiring myself to keep on with our fantastic hobby.

So, JR: Lots of us consider the 18MZ as well as the new JETI coming. What can we expect during 2012?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:17 AM
DougV

Default RE: What wil JR do to match the 18MZ?

"What wil JR do to match the 18MZ?"

Probably the same thing they did when the 14MZ came out... Nothing!

Doug.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Mavpro

ORIGINAL: DougV

''What wil JR do to match the 18MZ?''

Doug.
I hate to admit it, but the 18 MZ really talks to me. I held it and played a little with it today at the local shop. I can tell that if they had it stock today, I would have bought it!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 AM
ArchNemesis

I would be surprised if any of the other manufacturer were to try and follow suit and create a similar product. There is a VERY limited market that truly "needs" the 18mz, and while there's a larger group of people that would want and can afford it simply to say they have it, that's still a very small number. Too small for multiple players to really be able to attack it. I'd be willing to bet that Futaba doesn't really ever break even on this product but merely uses it as a positioning product to maintain their high end status. It's clearly the high bar, but not terribly practical for all but a few. And at close to $3K, not feasable for many either.

All that said... It's VERY cool. And yes, those of us that are loyal to other brands do have a tinge of jealousy.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur with Mark.
No point in chasing after such a small segment of the RC market.
There is not much useable difference in functionality between the top brand radios.
IMO more emphasis should be put on "user friendliness" with regard to programming these computer transmitters.
The way to grab more market share is to make the most "user friendly" radio.
Best Regards
JC (FASSTFLIER)
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: DougV

"What wil JR do to match the 18MZ?"

Doug.
+1