Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dymond Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM
tazz05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dymond Radio

Hi everyone, Does anyone know anything about these Radio's, they say that they can convert any 72mhz radio in a 2.4 system. I have around 6 of the 72 mhz radios and I hate to toss them and buy new Radios for my planes..the Company is out of Homestead Fl. and its called DYMOND USA.
Thanks for any input about this.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:11 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Dymond Radio

I don't know anything about Dymond but converting a radio to 2.4 is a simple thing to do.
Almost any good technician can do it.
You will be stuck with getting receivers from them for the rest of your life unless you get them to use modules from JR or Spectrum or one of the other major manufactures.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

One of our club members has the Dymond and it works very well the only potential problem is the bind time is about 30 seconds so any inflight problems could be fatal. I use the standard 8 channel Frsky conversion from Hobby King it is less expensive and has about a 1 second bind time. I have 2 [both on Futaba 8UAP transmitters] and have used them for a year and a half without any problems.

Gary
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Roo Man

One of our club members has the Dymond and it works very well the only potential problem is the bind time is about 30 seconds so any inflight problems could be fatal. I use the standard 8 channel Frsky conversion from Hobby King it is less expensive and has about a 1 second bind time. I have 2 [both on Futaba 8UAP transmitters] and have used them for a year and a half without any problems.

Gary
I only mention this because keeping the terminology straight helps keep everyone on the same page.

Binding only has to do with saving the transmitters unique ID to the receiver, so that the receiver only responds to the transmitter it is Bound to. A Link is established whenever the Tx and Rx are turned on. The Link can be blocked by Interference, etc. When the Link is restored, all is well. If the receiver voltage drops to a critical level, the receiver will ReBoot and then Link again to the Tx.

The faster the ReBoot, the shorter the time that control is lost. This has nothing to do with Binding. Early Spektrum receivers, as an example, suffered from slow ReBoot (5sec) after a Brownout. Subsequent firmware updates shortened that ReBoot time to a second or so.

Frequently, when discussing various 2.4 radio incidents, the term Bind is used instead of Link.