Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

max # servos one receiver?

Old 08-26-2003, 05:33 PM
HardDeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default max # servos one receiver?

Hello all
I am planning to run 6 digital (8132 RJ) servos, a nondigital throttle servo, fiberoptic cut off lead, and two battery packs on JR 945 or 955 receiver. This for GP PW 3D application. Question is - can I run all of this on the single receiver (bus) safely? If the receiver bus can handle all of the current draw, what about internal resistance and voltage drop --> receiver drop out if multiple servos fired simultaneously with high flight loads? I know that JR match boxes could be used here, but I am trying to avoid that if I can with reasonable safety.
Thanks for comments. This is my first project of this size, so I am trying to avoid doing something stupid.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Hi,
Your setup should be fine as long as you use a five cell (6 V nominal) pack of at least 2700mah and check it with your esv before you fly. Depending on your plane's overall weight, you might consider running two 6V packs for redundancy. I'm only running a single 2700 6V pack with 6 digitals and two non-digitals with no problems in a 30% edge 540T.
IMO, I'd say around 33% and up would be the point where you should seriously consider running two receivers or using matchboxes with separate batteries for high drain applications.
Check the PW thread, seems like your setup is pretty good.
Good luck.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:27 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In my 33% I have 10 servo's, 5 being digital through one 945 rx, two 4.8v 1800 packs. You dont need 6V.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:22 AM
HardDeck

Thanks to both of you for your comments. Sounds like should be ok. I am planning on using 6 volts - probably 2 1500 Nimhs - as I would like the boost in torque and speed +/- voltage buffer. I have heard mixed comments on need for requlators with 6 volts. Comments??
Thanks
RJ Miller