Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Who sells 4.8v regulators

Old 08-29-2003, 01:30 PM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who sells 4.8v regulators

Who sells 4.8v regulators besides powerflite?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2003, 03:23 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

MAXX Products sells 6.0 volt regulators also; I am currently using one of theirs.
www.maxxprod.com
Old 08-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Lynx

You don't need 4.8, get a bunch of radio shack 5 volt regulators and put them in parallel and you can build a regulator as big as you need 4.8 isn't a magic number. 5 will work just fine, even on 4.8 volt rated servo's because they still have to deal with the over voltage of a 4.8 volt pack when it's fully charged.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:58 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to www.cermark.com. They handle a wide range of radio control electrical components. I have one of their regulators and they work fine.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:26 PM
raptorhelis

do not put a bunch of regulaters to getter they do not evenly draw current a cross them nor will they work right. the regulaters from radio shack have a 2 volt voltage drop so you would need a 9.6 volt pack for it to regulate the voltage proparly. what you need to do is get a low drop out voltage regulater that has a .2 to .7 voltage drop so you can use a 6 volt pack and have it work right. you can get voltage regulater in 1, 3, 5, amps and up. just use one of these.