Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

72mh radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 PM
crownvic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72mh radio

Hi folks! been away for a while. going to start flying again and i here about all these new radios are my old radios still ok to fly with?I know it would be expensive to by all new recievers and servos and a new transmiter. hope my old stuff will still be good for a while. thanks for any info crownvic
Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
allelectric

Default RE: 72mh radio

Hello Jeff Here,
I switched to 2.4ghz along time ago for the obvious reason. Little or no chance of interference OR someone not obeying the rules and switchng there transmitter on. When there are on YOUR channel. But, I am also an intro pilot. And my Electrastar Trainer that I use for that is still a 72mhz on channel 37. And it works just fine. Other than the above mentioned problem. Soooooo in answer to your question NO you don't need to switch over. I would just make sure that you fly at a legal site with channel tags that you checkout.

May All Your Landings Be Smoooooooth!!!
JE
Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
mikegordon10

I'm still hanging on to and using my JR 10X on 72 mhz. No problems at all and with all the 2.4 stuff around, getting the pin is not much of a problem now either.
Don't be deceived by a bunch of marketing hype.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I still fly with 72mhz Futaba radios, and so do a great many other folks ,with no problems, just make sure your tx and rx battery packs are up to snuff.
2.4ghz is the latest greatest in radio tech. There are no "channels" with 2.4 since the rx and tx constantly "secure" what ever channel they need to communicate with each other. Supposedly, as many pilots as desire to can fly at the same time with no interference to or from another pilots' radios. Sounds so great that lots of folks are switching to 2.4 and finding out there are occasionally some "chinks" in the 2.4 armor. But the bright side for you and me is the 72mhz stuff can now be bought dirt cheap here and on e-bay!