Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Replacing JR Tx Module with Hitec Aurora 2.4 Spectra Module

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Replacing JR Tx Module with Hitec Aurora 2.4 Spectra Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing JR Tx Module with Hitec Aurora 2.4 Spectra Module

Hi,

First, this is not about radio preference and I really don't care what radio anyone flys - as long as they come out to the field and fly. This is simply to advise of an option that is available for those who may be interested in giving it a try.

You can now fly the Aurora receivers from JR transmitters by purchasing a JR swappable Hitec 2.4Ghz frequency module and Hitec 2.4 receiver. However, in order to do so, you must have a JR transmitter with a pluggable frequency module.

I have an Aurora 9 and wanted to use my JR 9303 as a backup, so I just purchased the Hitec Spectra (Aurora module) for my 9303, and I'm very pleased I did, it works well. I can now can still fly my JR as JR, or as an Aurora 9 if I want to, just by switching modules and binding to the Hitec 2.4 receivers.

If you are interested in giving this option a try, the part numbers for the Hitec module to fit JR is:
From Hitec site - Spectra 2.4J, JR Compatible 2.4Ghz AFHSS Module Part # 29537
From Tower Hobbies - Stock number LXBJBR

In order for this to work, the JR transmitter must have a removable frequency module in your JR transmitter. Remember, if you are switching between JR and Hitec, the channel assignments will be different and the servos will have to be plugged into the proper receiver channel for the transmitter that is being used.

Since I have also purchased the 72Mhz modules for both radios, I can now fly my 72Mhz frequency receivers (Aurora has selectable shift), and the Hitec Optima receivers with both transmitters simply by swapping to the proper frequency module. The Hitec module and Optima receivers, have the ability to keep their software current by downloading through your PC with their optional programmer.

If anyone has a JR and wants to give the Hitec Aurora Spectra technology a try, or use the JR as a back up for your Aurora, the above may be an ideal option.

Hope you find this information useful. If you give it a try, let me know how it works for you.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Edited for typo and to ad 2.4 in title
Old 04-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacing JR Tx Module with Hitec Aurora 2.4 Spectra Module

For those who were looking for the link to the product, here is a few sites, note different prices:

Hitec Link
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/air...pectra24j.html

Horizon Hobby Link
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...jr-tx-HRC29537

Tower Hobbies Link
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBJBR

Fly4Fun,

Wayne