Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

EK Logitrol Servo torque

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Ralph White

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EK Logitrol Servo torque

Can anyone tell me what the servo torque was on the 1970's EK Logitrol radios? I used the linear geared servos. I'm flying classic pattern .60 powered models and would like to keep the servo weight as low as possible but with the same torque as the old servos. I fly Futaba radios.
Thanks,
Ralph White
Neoga, IL
Old 04-22-2012, 09:12 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EK Logitrol Servo torque

Ralph,
I will make guess of approx. 35in oz. Most of the radios used the same motor at that time and all were using 4.8v. nominal. The servos I produced at that time were approx. 38in oz.

Sid
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Ralph White

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Sid, Glad to hear you are still active. I have been flying again for about 3 years after a 30 year layoff. Things sure have changed (to the good mostly). The radios are fantastic.
Ralph
Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,

I had an EK logictrol super pro 7 ch 2-stick made in1975 (I still have the radio but it is since long time ago retired).
Here is the EK catalog from that time It is the 1976 catalog):

http://www.algonet.se/~boem/KMFK/Kat...atalog1976.pdf

I used both the "Super Mini" rotary servos and "Mini Mite" linearin my pattern planes (Mach 1, Curare etc) back in 1970th when I used my logictrol. The Super Mini servos was very good - light and good thrust, torque, response, accuracy. These servos was first 3 wire lead servos in the hobby RC industry as far as I know.

If You need to know specifications for older logictrol servos thencheck RChall of fame website and Logictrol there, I think they have some reviews of some older EK radios there in the Special Exhibit Logictrol One. I believealready the Logictrol "Pro-series" that was inroduced in 1969 used the same Mini Mite servos as the newer Logictrol radios in the above catalog. The Mini Mite servos (at least they look exactly the same onoutside)was used in other radio brandsalso, for example here in Sweden,they was used in the swedish made radio "Micronic" that was made in 1960-1970th here (two in our club had such radios - nice radio by the way, I flew with it a couple of times). Picture of the 6 ch Micronic radio 1970 below and as You can see it has similar servos as Logictrol Mini Mite linear. The sticks seems very similar to what logictrol radios used also.

/Bo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83505.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	1753649  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:33 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ralph,
I remember when you were making fiberglass kits in Seattle. Do you still have any of those?
I have been retired doing nothing but flying for the past 11 years. I still go to Seattle in the summer until this year. The gas just has got to the point that I can't drive my MH up there anymore.
All of the old boys, Jerry Leake, Ralph Brooks, Bill Burrough, and Bill Bone are gone.

Richard H. Kelly
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Ralph,
I got active again after cataract surgery about 15 years ago, then I could see again, still 20-20 now. You can see some of my model activity on my web site and my You Tube list of videos.
http://www.sidgates.us/HOBBIES/Model...0-%20Links.htm

According to the catalog "BEM" supplied I was a little optimistic at 35 in oz. looks like the best one at EK was 30 in oz.

Sid Gates