Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RX power question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RX power question

I found that the RX was losing power from the ESC, so how can I use a 5 cell Nihm at the same time as the connection to the ESC? The ESC powers the RX and servos through the throttle connection. Will pluggin in a pack in the batt terminal do any harm?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: RX power question

Remove the hot wire from the line from the ESC to the throttle channel (usually red)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

There is an inline switch, I think before I start cutting lines is connect a pack to power the RX and see if I get throttle response, if so, then that should do the trick. 

Curious if there is a way to add it as a back up though. 
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Plugging a battery, and a hot ESC to the reciever usually ends up in smoke. You can use a pin and remove the line from the connector, notice I didn't say "cut" as that would make it potentially useless in your next installation

Most slide switches interupt the ground line so its possible the signal line won't operate correctly, just remove the red wire and leave the switch on.