Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 PM
nazUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

Hi
Toke my truck out today for a run and found it was losing signal and cutting off.
I previously opened my transmitter for doing some mods but accidentally broke the wire from the transmitter circuit board, I did solder it back on and all seemed fine but when I toke it out today when it goes about 50 yards away it stops moving, engine still running, and as soon as I walk closer it starts moving but all this is still very temperamental.
Diagnosed the problem and put it down to the the aerial.
I'm presuming I need to re-solder it but should I be soldering it a certain way or should I buy another wire or could I use something new in it's place to make it better?

Thanks
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 AM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

It is now junk. The 2.4 antenna is a coax cable and in connected the the rf section with a small (micro) connector. You probably just un plugged it. If you soldered it, it is now junk.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM
porterdog

It may be junk, but isn't necessarily.

The antenna line is actually coax- an outer shield over an inner conductor, with insulation between (plus outer insulation).   You need to trim back to pristine wire, carefully remove the outer insulation, pluck the shield loose from the inner and wind it up into a solderable stub, then remove the inner insulation from the center conductor.  Note well that the outer may not touch the inner or your antenna won't work.

On the TX board there are three solder tabs, IIRC the center conductor is soldered to the center tab and the shield to one of the outers- it should be apparent which one.   It's both difficult and imperative that each part of the antenna wire be soldered cleanly and separately from it's mate- if they touch here (electrically, through a solder bridge for example) it won't work right.

Took me 4 tries on my FS; I got it working and then sold it to buy a real radio.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
nazUK

Right looks like I may of fixed it 
Big thanks to Antmax from RC Tech forum gave me some brill guidance and with the picture I found it all made sense, I'm pretty sure I sorted out my problem.
I've only tested in my garden at the mo where I was losing signal too and with the test today all went well by the looks of it. Just need to test it at the park now and hope the range is still there 
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM
nazUK

Thanks for your input Proline but I don't agree it's junk.
You need a bit of skill with the right tools and it can be fixed and use the forums that's what they are there for and you'll get some brilliant advise from someone who has some experiene and know how in coming across the same problem and how to fix it etc..

Something I read on a forum which I do agree with, if your not a pro racer and just want to go bashing at your local park, track etc this GT3B Tx is perfect. It has super range, great features and for the price it's not a bad looking and the build quality is pretty decent too. Plus with all the hacking and mod's you can do to this Tx it's something worth keeping .

Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 AM
porterdog

ORIGINAL: nazUK

if your not a pro racer and just want to go bashing at your local park, track etc this GT3B Tx is perfect.
That's something I completely DISagree with. Ihad one and finally sold it off in disgust. Sure, you can improve it but at a cost of money and especially time. I'd have been much better off starting with a $100 name-brand 2.4 setup.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:16 PM
nazUK

Dude I think your taking this a bit too personally.I think you have missed the point, in comparison to high end Tx this probably is no comparison as there have been forums where they have compared GT3B to either a Spektrum or Sanwa and when it comes to lantency, quality, performance, features, speed etc the high end do come out much better for your buck.
But like I said when you just bashing for fun why spend $150-$200 for Tx when you can just spend $40 for a pretty decent Tx. One of the great feature's of the GT3B is the range, it's ridiculouus, my truck went so far until it look like a blip. It's got some decent feature's and yes it can be improved for a little more spending money but I think that's half the fun.Having said that the stock software on the GT3B is more than decent for just going out for a bash.
In defense to the GT3B I've read forums where people have complained about Spektrum's where they just don't have the range and lose signal and how madly expensive the reciever's are and how they have turned to using GT3B instead because of it's range and cheap reciever's.
This Flysky GT3B has been a worldwide polpular choice and a complete hit with a lot of people and your probably a handful few amongst many that doesn't like this Tx.
End of the day the thing is you go with your gut and experience, if you've had a good run with these then you'll probably keep it but if you've had some bad experience then yea, spend your money where it's worth every penny.

On a final note hope I haven't said anything to offend you and this is just my opinion and others may say different.

All the best

ORIGINAL: porterdog

ORIGINAL: nazUK

if your not a pro racer and just want to go bashing at your local park, track etc this GT3B Tx is perfect.
That's something I completely DISagree with. Ihad one and finally sold it off in disgust. Sure, you can improve it but at a cost of money and especially time. I'd have been much better off starting with a $100 name-brand 2.4 setup.