Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR/Spectrum DSM2 vs DSMX

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
sgt ski
My Feedback: (155)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR/Spectrum DSM2 vs DSMX

I probably should have asked this before, but is a Spektrum AR6200 DSM2 Rx NOT compatible with a JR 9303 tTx hat has been sent to JR for an upgrade to DSMX? Binding was fine, and I performed multiple 200 yard range checks with no problems.

I recently switched from Futaba, and I am begining to regret it. I installed the new system in my 27% Extra 330. Originally I used two 4.8v NiMh batteries to power the Rx/Servos, and I experienced a couple quick brownouts, but was able to land safetly. I upgradedthe two packs to 6v NiMh, and also moved the Rx further back in the fuselage just in case I was get interference from the ignition,and could not get a brownout at all duringmy multiple range checks. I range checked out to about 200 yards both with and without the engine running (Evolution 45cc). All good, so I flew tonight, and after about 3 minutes of perfect flying my plane wentfull throttle and into a right hand dive straight into the ground. I had absolutely no ability to control the plane. It was atotal loss. Even the Rx was broken in the crash, so I really cant even investigate. My batteries were still showing 6.4v after the crash.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am just about to finish up my new 50cc Pitts M-12S, and I am scared to death to trust it with this radio system. The only thing different in this setup will be the Rx. It will be a Spektrum AR7000 DSM2. However, I cant bring myself to trust my radio setup.

By the way, my ignition and ign battery were all mounted up front on the firewall, and my Rx was approx 20 inches aft of that. My Rx batteries were mounted approx 6 inches behind the wing tube.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: JR/Spectrum DSM2 vs DSMX

Reply posted in your RCG thread.

Andy
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
sgt ski

<textarea style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;top:0;lef t:0;right:0;bottom:0"></textarea>
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

And your FG thread
Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 AM
sgt ski

I believe, I have figured out what happend last night that caused my crash. For one, my Tx needs to be sent in for service/debugging. The second was my fault for using too small of a Rx for my application.

In an effort to avoid any bad mouthing any manufacture mentiond in this thread, I'd like to let this thread go dormant for now until I get my Tx back from service and I have a chance to completely ops check it.

Thank You All,

Dave