Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Synthesized Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Warning
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesized Transmitter

Hey Everyone.

This question is probably answered in this forum somewhere but I couldn't find the answer easily. I have been out of the hobby for a while and I'm getting back into it and I am very curious about this question.

I currently have a JR XP8303 TX and I was looking into the Synthesized Transmitter Module. Ultimately what is the benefit of getting this unit over keeping what I currently have. Is it similar to the 2.4 Ghz technology.

Thanks for the quick help.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Synthesized Transmitter

ORIGINAL: Warning

Hey Everyone.

This question is probably answered in this forum somewhere but I couldn't find the answer easily. I have been out of the hobby for a while and I'm getting back into it and I am very curious about this question.

I currently have a JR XP8303 TX and I was looking into the Synthesized Transmitter Module. Ultimately what is the benefit of getting this unit over keeping what I currently have. Is it similar to the 2.4 Ghz technology.

Thanks for the quick help.
I am not sure whether you are talking about the XP8103 or the XP9303, but the answer is still the same. I still have an XP9303 with both the Synthesized 72Mhz RF Module and the Spektrum 2.4 RF Module. I have also used them in my XP8103. I have also used the Synthesized 72Mhz RF Module for a Futaba 8AUPS and a Futaba 9CAP.

Instead of using a separate RF Module for each 72Mhz channel you want to fly on, the Synthesized RF Module allows you to Dial In any of the 50 channels you want to use. It has nothing to do with 2.4Ghz. It just eliminates the need for constantly switching to a different RF Module for each channel your receiver is on. This is true whether you are using Hitec, JR, Futaba, etc.

I do have several RS2000 JR receivers that are also Synthesized, so they can easily be switched to whatever channel your 72Mhz JR Tx is using. This means if you go to your flying field or model meet and someone is on your channel, you can easily switch to one that nobody else is using.

The Spektrum 2.4 RF Module is what allows you to use JR/Spektrum DSM2/DSMX receivers in DSM2 Mode. This includes all the Bind N Fly models from Horizon.