Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

What Do I have? Airtronics Champion Series Radio Control System

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What Do I have? Airtronics Champion Series Radio Control System

Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 AM
jwallace410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do I have? Airtronics Champion Series Radio Control System

hello, I am a veteran of the army and someone from the WWP gave me a radio control kit and I have no idea what it is. I am horrible at flying aircraft so I would like to sell it, but first I hope someone can tell me what I Have. It is an Airtronics Champion Series Radio Control System. It says its a 7 Channel System, Aircraft, 4 Servos, NICAD 394 Servos, P.N. 90025 and another sticker that says 38 (in a bubble) under it says 72.550 Aircraft Only. FM. Its all pretty much Brand new still with the original product registration card and all the little pieces belonging to the kit. I know its a remote for the 4 motors that belong to an aircraft (Fixed wing) but Id like to know how to find out more info about it and what its worth. Google doesnt turn up anything and from what Ive learned about forums is most guys on them are experts on these topics. Any help or information would help. Its my first post so plz dont treat me like an idiot!! Thanks again yall! I will try to post some pictures in the next post/thread under this one.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Do I have? Airtronics Champion Series Radio Control System

Unfortunately, there is no good news to pass on. Your Airtronics Championship system is completely obsolete and has little value.
It is an AM (Amplitude Modulation) system on 72 MHz (megahertz - frequency), both having been passed up by technology and also
by federal decree. You will not find anyone on that frequency and mode flying at any active model field.
All current 72 MHz equipment being sold is FM (Frequency Modulation) and it is actually being phased out in favor of newer
technology on 2.4 GHz (Gigahertz). Your equipment might be of interest to some collector somewhere, but it is not at all
rare. With luck, you might be offered 20 or so bucks, but then you will probably be asked to pay for shipping.
ME? I am an ex Airtronics technician and customer service person. Wish I had better news. Eloy
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: What Do I have? Airtronics Champion Series Radio Control System

Great radio for it's day and the one that got me hooked on Airtronics.   Lots of features for its time and more than most back then.  I got mine in the mid-80's and liked them a lot.

You did say FM in your post and the frequency corresponds to Ch38.  Likely a "narrow band" radio and good to use.  Might see if there's a small gold sticker on the back of the transmitter.

If you want to use it, you'll probably need to change all the batteries.  Doing that is about half the price of what a new radio might cost if you choose carefully.  Also likey is you have the old style plugs on the servos and receiver which means buying anything modern will require adapters - even for the batteries.  Plus the servos, while useable, are vastly surpassed by almost any you can buy today for cheap.

If you want play, go for it.

Here's the manual:  http://www.rcheliguy.com/global/airt...s%20Manual.pdf