Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need Help!!!!! Anyone know???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
fly103-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!!! Anyone know???

Has anyone had exp. with the 4-Channel Transmitter/Receiver 2.4GHz MD2 by Grand Wing System U.S.A. (GWSRCS057A) Im trying to find out if this will work in my R/C Skydiver?? We drop from 1000' to 1500' max normaly straight up... any help would be great..

Thanks
Ken
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Aerocal

Default RE: Need Help!!!!! Anyone know???

I dont have experience with that specific system but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work.
Whats the worst that could happen?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fly103-RCU Has anyone had exp. with the 4-Channel Transmitter/Receiver 2.4GHz MD2 by Grand Wing System U.S.A. (GWSRCS057A) Im trying to find out if this will work in my R/C Skydiver?? We drop from 1000' to 1500' max normaly straight up... any help would be great.. Thanks Ken
Not recommended as Skydivers can be blown off course with wind changes and suggested lowest height of 1000' is atmax range.
Unit is Intended for indoor and short range park flyers only:
GWS2.4GHz MD2
"Overview
Here's the perfect, low-cost way to introduce 2.4 to your arsenal.
This short-range combo is great for park flying and indoor flying models.."

. GWS 2.4GHz Parkflyer Radio System Review
"Radio Range" extract:
"I knew from the GWS Forum in E-Zone that this new GWS radio system is a limited range system intended for Parkflyers only. A full range 2.4 GHz radio system is coming from GWS in the future. With the limited range in mind I looked over the box the radio system came in for any mention of the radio's range to inform the buyer what the radio's recommended range was and thereby limit how far away a plane could be flown from the transmitter. I found no specific mention of range or limited range on the box. I next checked the instruction manual that came in Chinese and English. I found no specific reference to the range of the system in English. I did find under item 9 "Precautions" the following: "2. The T-4GP system is designed for micro electric-powered aircraft only, it is imperative that the system not be used in larger aircraft that could exceed the range."

In the instruction manual they refer to a "MICRO" electric powered aircraft. For me that brought to mind indoor and very small electric planes. Micro electric are not flown very far away as they get to small to orient at much distance.
Mr Lin's posting in the GWS Forum
Per Mr. Lin:

[*]With the plane on the ground the radio should still be controlling the plane at 200 feet. [*]With the plane 1/2 foot in the air the radio should still be controlling at 300 feet. [*]With the plane 5-6 feet off the ground the radio should still be controlling at 500 feet. [*]With the plane up in the air the range should be 1,000 feet. [/list]Alan T.
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM
fly103-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Thank you very much!!!

R/C Skydivers
by Solomon R/C
Ken Solomon
[email protected]