Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Gyro for Cub rudder

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro for Cub rudder

I have a Goldberg Cub with 76" wingspan and have not been able to get it off the ground due to ground handling problems, I have tried several things that were suggested without success.

A friend recently gave me a Piezo G550T gyro to try. The instructions indicate that it was designed and marketed for helicopters but I am hoping some of you may know how to set it up for use on a CUB. I have set it up per the instructions and get no action, the rudder will not even move when the stick is moved.

I am using a Futaba 8UAP with a FrSky 2.4 conversion module and a FrSky 8 channel standard receiver.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
DougV

Default RE: Gyro for Cub rudder

Check here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCNFR&P=7

Doug.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:01 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it possible that you have the "white" gain lead plugged into the rudder channel on the receiver?

Mike
Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Is it possible that you have the ''white'' gain lead plugged into the rudder channel on the receiver?

Mike
Don't think so but will check in the morning.

Thks Gary
Old 10-13-2012, 04:30 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I suppose others have told you this already but if you get the landing gear set up properly on a Cub they aren't hard to control on the ground. A good dose of right rudder just as the tail comes off the ground and another shot as you rotate for takeoff is all it takes. A very common problem is having a main gear that doesn't track straight. That causes the plane to veer when the tail wheel comes up off the ground because the yaw trim changes, and then it will veer again when you break ground because it changes again. But if you plane's LG is set up right takeoffs really should only require a smooth application of throttle and those two bumps of right rudder to get a straight roll out and takeoff.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Jerry-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

go look at the link below..... Installing a gyro across the Rudder for airplanes.......

http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/indexnew.html