Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Setting up dual servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 04:41 PM
KWH
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up dual servos

I have purchased a 9Z WC2 radio and I am try to set up dual servos but on the first servo it works at 100% travel but the second works at about 50%. does anyone know how to set it at full travel?
Old 09-10-2003, 07:48 PM
jjamesrb
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Setting up dual servos

Go to www.futabarc.com and click on your radio and somewhere on the page there will be a question and answer section on setting up the radio and problems that you have with it and you will find the answer.I had a similar problem went there and got the answers.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:24 PM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

KWH,
GREAT radio you got there!

what are you trying to set up? flaperons? twin elevator servos? your own mix for say two rudder servos? please let us know what feature you're using and what your settings are and we'll be happy to help!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:59 PM
KWH

I am trying to set up dual aileron and elevator. I have tried to do it in pmix and have tried everything the futaba site says to do but I can't get it to work. I don't think I've ever seen a radio so needlessly complicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:25 PM
KWH

Still can't get the PMIX working but I finally figured it out using Ailevons and Flaperons
Old 09-15-2003, 08:24 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

KWH,
glad to hear you've got it.

while the radio may feel needlessly complex to you right now, the radio is AMAZINGLY flexible and has programming capabilities that outperform every other radio on the market -- even though this model is more than 10 years old, with just minor upgrades throughout the years.

if you learn the basic logic layout of hte radio, hopefully you will find it far less frustrating. i'd like to suggest, if you've not already done so, that you download the 'getting to know the 9z guide' on the futaba site. when i was with futaba support, we spent a lot of time creating it in the hopes of helping new buyers just like you.

good luck and hope you truly enjoy your new radio!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:27 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

PS: what exactly were your PMIX settings and what was the result? it is almost always easiest to use the built in functions like you are now, but its still great ot learn how the mixes work and get your desired setup.

for example, to create twin elevator servos, you would
select a pmix
make sure type is linear
uninhibit it
select elevator for master
while under master, turn link ON -- now all other features that use elevator will obey this mix to drive both servos
select ch x for slave
set trim ON so trim follows
leave master mix mode alone
go to the percent screen and set both A and B (up and down) to 100%
set the control to NULL so nothing turns your mix off.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 PM
KWH

I can't believe how stupid I am. I didn't realise there was a NXT. I never saw the percent screen. I was trying to do it though ATV and was wondering why It wouldn't work... it said 100% lol. I agree it is an amazing radio and after you set up your first plane it gets much easier. I guess in the future I should explain my settings further if I expect anyone to be able to help me. Thanks for your help.