Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Parallel servos

Old 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parallel servos

I'm running twin aileron servos in a bigger plane. There are four servos total. Two on each aileron. I have one set of servos plugged into a y and then running into separate channels in my receiver. The right aileron works great, but the left pair will not work together. I have tried both servos and they work by themselves, but once I put them together they chatter and don't center or start by themselves. I changed the extension on the outermost servo, and even tried a different y. I can't get it to work. The servos are all hitec hs-5645mg, and are all centering individually, and are rigged identical.

Is one of the servos bad?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:02 PM
mnrcaerobat

Default RE: Parallel servos

Is there a way to test the servos?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 PM
mnrcaerobat

It looks like I need an equalizer

http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/Eq.../equalizer.htm
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mnrcaerobat

I'm running twin aileron servos in a bigger plane. There are four servos total. Two on each aileron. I have one set of servos plugged into a y and then running into separate channels in my receiver. The right aileron works great, but the left pair will not work together. I have tried both servos and they work by themselves, but once I put them together they chatter and don't center or start by themselves. I changed the extension on the outermost servo, and even tried a different y. I can't get it to work. The servos are all hitec hs-5645mg, and are all centering individually, and are rigged identical.

Is one of the servos bad?
Get rid of the Y Harnesses
I have rxperienced problems such as you have seen and replacing the Ybwith a good quality 20ga Y helped. I use JR Matchboxs or Furtaba Servo Sync, instead. If your Tx has enough channels, use Channel Mixing.

A Smartfly device is also an alternative. Never use a Reversing Y..
Old 10-20-2012, 06:11 PM
mnrcaerobat

I was able to mix with my futaba 10c

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-10c-2_4ghz-q682.html

Is there any way to mix with channel 9 and 10? I'm running dual elevator servos and am using 8 for that.