Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

rx/tx binding optic 6 help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM
joshrc110

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx/tx binding optic 6 help

k so i picked up a deal to day i got a bundle of Hitec Optic 6 transmitter with high capacity battery, charger, SPECTRA module that covers all FM frequency, 3 receivers (RCD Platinum dual conversion 7 channel, RCD3200 Hitec dual conversion 7 channel and Hitec super slim 7 channel dual conversion) all in new condition... but i have no idea how to bind the rx with the tx.. and all the info i find online does not use the same spectra module as me so it had different binding protocols...can somone help? here is a link to the same module as mine www.hitecrcd.com/products/aircraft-radios-receivers-and-accesories/txacc/aircraft-transmitter-accessories/spectra-72mhz-module.html
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rx/tx binding optic 6 help

ORIGINAL: joshrc110
k so i picked up a deal to day i got a bundle of Hitec Optic 6 transmitter with high capacity battery, charger, SPECTRA module that covers all FM frequency, 3 receivers (RCD Platinum dual
conversion 7 channel, RCD3200 Hitec dual conversion 7 channel and Hitec super slim 7 channel dual conversion) all in new condition... but i have no idea how to bind the rx with the tx.. and all the info i find online does not use the same spectra module as me so it had different binding protocols...can somone help? here is a link to the same module as mine www.hitecrcd.com/products/aircraft-radios-receivers-and-accesories/txacc/aircraft-transmitter-accessories/spectra-72mhz-module.html
"but i have no idea how to bind the rx with the tx.."
There is no such thing as binding a PPM receiver with a PPM transmitter - that relates to 2.4Ghz only.
However, it is necessary to ensure that the Spectra Module is tuned to the same frequency as the receiver, please refer to:

. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ
Also easy to convert PPM/QPCM Optic 6 to 2.4GHz - with Telemetry:
Hitec AFHSS 2.4GHz Aircraft Receivers & Modules

Four different types of RCD3500 receivers, please refer to:
Hitec - Supreme series Receivers RCD3500 FAQ
. Hitec - Supreme series Receivers 555 & RCD 200<>3600 7ch & 8ch Manual & FAQ

Module information:
. Hitec - Spectra & HPF-MI (Crystal based) module - output & current drain
. Spectra 72MHz Module - Manual
. Transmitter On First - Off Last

Spectra Synthesized (PLL) Module - previous FAQ

Q. What is the Spectra module?
A. It is a PLL (Phase Lock Loop) module that can synthesize any legal channel on either 72 or 75MHz depending on the version.

Q. What radios will the spectra module fit in?
A. The 24472 (72MHZ version) will work with the Prism 7, Prism 7X and Eclipse 7 aircraft radios.
The 24475 (75MHz version) will work with the Lynx 3D and CRX pistol grip radio.

Q. I have seen people using the Spectra module in some Futaba™ radios, does this work and is it legal?
A. Hitec recommends the Spectra module only be used in Hitec radios but many are using it successfully in some Futaba products against our recommendation.
The FCC and AMA do not authorize its usage in anything other than Hitec radios.

Q. My Spectra module gets very warm when I use it, is that normal?
A. Yes, that is perfectly normal.
The Spectra Module draws more current than a standard module theredore it gets warmer and drains the transmitter battery quicker.

Q. Why is my transmitter still not working with my receiver after I have dialed my Spectra to the correct channel?
A. Make sure that you have the correct 1st and 2nd digit for the channel dialed into the Spectra correctly.
Also, in the case of the Eclipse and Prism 7X, make sure that the transmitter is on the correct shift (negative or positive)
and the correct modulation (PPM or PCM).

More under sub section "Transmitter - Modules: FAQ, Pinouts and DIY Service."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

As stated, with what you have you do not need to bind anything. What you need to do is look at the tag on the crystal in the receiver you want to use and see what channel number is written on it. Then you want to pop-out the Spektra FM module from the rear of the transmitter and locate the two small pots . Take the small screw driver and adjust the pots (first digit, second digit)to the channel number of that receiver. Pop the module back into the radio, turn the radio on then the receiver and it should work.
You may someday ,run into a receiver that will work on any 72mh frequency and on those you have to press a button on them and they will automatically select the channel your radio is on....but you don't have any of those receivers.

Also your radio can accept many of the current 2.4 conversion systems (module and receivers)out there today if you ever wanted to start using 2.4 .
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 AM
joshrc110

cool guys thanks got it all up and going :X i think now i need to change my prop... dont seem to be as fast as it should.... with the 1200kv outrunner
and a 18amp esc i think it should be a lil faster.. ? idk tho ill test it with my 20amp esc and see how that works out

what prop do you guys recommend ? my plane with all comp. is around 300grams this outrunner is for a 480 class so i know it should move faster.,
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 AM
flyinwalenda

I'm only guessing as you didn't say what make motor or size prop ,or size battery you are using. Changing the ESC will not make the motor move the plane faster. Changing the battery and the prop will make it faster but the wrong battery and  prop will make the motor draw too many amps and burn out the motor or the ESC.
If it's a 400 size motor it could run on a 3 cell lipo running a 8x4 or a 9x5 prop pulling between 15- 17 amps.
You need to read the data on the motor to find out what the limits are on voltage  and current.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: joshrc110

cool guys thanks got it all up and going :X i think now i need to change my prop... dont seem to be as fast as it should.... with the 1200kv outrunner
and a 18amp esc i think it should be a lil faster.. ? idk tho ill test it with my 20amp esc and see how that works out

what prop do you guys recommend ? my plane with all comp. is around 300grams this outrunner is for a 480 class so i know it should move faster.,
A key tool that will help you to determine which prop to use is the Wattmeter. Hooked up between the motor battery and the ESC, it will give you a readout of Voltage, Amperage, and Wattage. As you increase Prop Length and/or Pitch, you will draw more Amps. Using the Wattmeter, you can gradually advance the Throttle and determine if the chosen Prop is drawing too much Current. Thus, you can optimize your setup and protect your Motor, ESC, and battery.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
joshrc110

emax cf2822 motor
hk-hw20a esc
and a esky 3s lipo 11.1v 800mAh

this is my motor esc and battery .... i also have a few other esc's
with this setup what prop should i use.

@BuschBarber could you link me to a good/cheap wattmeter ?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

from a two-minute google search for your motor, found this at Value Hobby online:

18A brushless motor ESC
2-3S LiPO and at least 1000-1300mAh.
Prop Selection: Remember to always use props designed for electric motors, nitro props are heavier and might overload the motor.
With 3S LiPO: 8x4, 7x6
With 2S LiPO: 10x6, 10x4.7
The above prop selections are recommended for sports flying at open throttle. You may use slightly larger props if you do not fly at constant open throttle.

Whatever prop you use should stay below an 18A max load, probably better to stay at 15 amps or so max to avoid things getting hot.

The amp rating of an ESC doesn't relate to how the motor will run, it's only a rating for how much it will take as a load before it gets too hot and fails. Using a bigger ESC won't result in a higher performing motor for the most part, as long as you're using an 18-20A ESC minimum.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
flyinwalenda

There you go !
You could leave the 20amp ESC on it but you will burn the motor out first before the ESC shuts down so be careful. Use a good prop too like an APC electric and not those flimsy props and you will get more/better performance .

Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM
joshrc110

thanks guys!. this is my very first build and i have to say im learning alot could someone maybe link me to a prop that would be ideal for my setup i do not want to have to push full throttle for this thing to take off ... and maybe a new battery ? i would google but i would rather have you guys link to parts that WILL work on my setup so i dont order the wrong things and mess my plane up
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
fizzwater2

What plane? Prop selection will be influenced by the plane,too
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
joshrc110

funbat is what i built from the plans on another forum.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
fizzwater2

Can you tell us where to find the plans?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 PM
flyinwalenda

Possibly here

bloodymicks.com/Plans/plans.html

I will say an APC 8X4 electric prop and a 1000 or 1300 mah 3 cell lipo

Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
joshrc110

yup thats the place! bloodymicks... thanks once more!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
joshrc110

what about this battery? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
and this prop? http://vortexhobbies.com/apc-8x4-thi...e-p-28363.html
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 AM
flyinwalenda

Or you could order all from one place:

www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-1716/APC-8-x-4E/Detail
www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-2299/11.1v-1300mah-40C-EZ/Detail

or

www.valuehobby.com/accessories/props/emax-8-x-4-e-prop.html
www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/lipo-batteries/3s-lipo/40c-1300mah-3s-lipo.html