Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

how to connect 2 servo to elevtor

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 04:57 PM
TooLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to connect 2 servo to elevtor

hi
Old 09-14-2003, 05:03 PM
TooLy

Default RE: how to connect 2 servo to elevtor

hi
i have the midwest extra 300xs and i have the airtronics rd-6000 super(with airtronics reciever).
can i connect futaba servo to airtronics reciever?
i have 6 servos:

1-throttle (futaba 3004)
2-ailerons (futaba 9202)
1-rudder (futaba 9202)
2-elevator (futaba 9202)

how i need to connect the 2 elevator servos? (i need y connector?) in the instructions of the RD-6000 SUPER, they say to connect the ailerons to channel 2 and 6.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:56 AM
FlyinBrian

Tooly

I am not familiar with your brand of radio however to get the two servos to work in the correct sense to drive each elevator half it is necessary to use a computer radio and the relevant channels on your receiver - a Y lead will result in one servo going the opposit way to what you want (assuming you want to connect the elev halves to either the upper or lower servo arms)

Regards
FB
Old 09-15-2003, 08:41 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Tooly, I dont know if your radio supports twin elevator servos in the programming. Look for "ailevators" or 'dual elevator s" in your manual. assuming it does not, you may need a servo-reversing Y harness or a servo synchronizer to let you operate the 2 servos in opposite directoins.

whether or not your futaba servos can plug straight into your airtronics receiver depends upon the receiver model. if it has a Z at the end of its name, it is compatible with Futaba and nearly all other servos made. if it does not, then it is the older airtronics style and you'll need to buy special adapters to use your futaba servos with it, or rewire the plugs.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:09 PM
TooLy

i don't have twin elevator or mix.
i'm going to connect the 2 elevator servos with Y connector.
because on servo will be opposit in the other side of the plane, they will move the elevator to the same direction.