Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 11X Fimrware Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 11X Fimrware Upgrade

I love my JR11X, and I need the DSMX system, but there are a lot of nice features on the new XG11. Now I see that there is a free firmware upgrade that gives you all the new XG11 features except telemetry and DMSS protocol. The new features sound fantasitc, but it will be a pain to re-enter all of my models by hand. Curious - has anyone tried it yet with their 11X?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR 11X Fimrware Upgrade

I’ve done the upgrade. You are aware that once you have upgraded to version 2, the only way to go back to version 1 is to send the transmitter back to Horizon. For the most part if you store your planes on the SD card, you can retrieve about 80% or more. Those planes left in the active memory are erased.

I’m mostly familiar with the ACRO model type. The timer menu items will have to be reentered as the menu there is extensively changed. The same applies to the stick position switches. One subtle change is in the THRO CURVE menu. There is the added option TRIM OFFSET which has a default setting of 100. You have to change the offset to zero if you want the throttle to go to zero when the throttle stick is all the way back and the throttle trim is at its midpoint (as it is in version 1). But this trim option makes the 11X throttle actlike it does with the 12X programming.

Allan