Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spoiler / elevator mixing on Futaba 6xa

Old 09-17-2003, 11:37 AM
PAINLESS
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler / elevator mixing on Futaba 6xa

I was trying to set up this mix last night and could not get it to work properly.
Using the 6>2 mix for flap and elevator. The plane is a 2m glider with spoilers.
The flap knob needs to be at the end of its travel, as opposed to the mid point to get full travel of the spoilers. I'm using one servo plugged into the #6 port for spoilers.

When I move the flap knob full range the spoilers come up and the elevator goes up, which is what I want. However, the problem I have is the elevator goes down when the spoilers are down. When the knob is at its mid point the elevator is neutral. I need to eliminate the down elevator movement and just have the up travel. I spent an hour trying to get this to work and even read the manual, no luck.

As an option I tried the airbreak function and could get the elevator to do what I wanted but the spoilers would not move at all. I would prefer the function to be on a switch rather than a knob, but at this point I would settle for either.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Mike Ledbetter

Default RE: Spoiler / elevator mixing on Futaba 6xa

Airbrake will do what you want IF you use flaperon/spoilerons (channels 1 and 6). Use the trim function to give it some travel.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:26 PM
PAINLESS
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Spoiler / elevator mixing on Futaba 6xa

I'll try that but I have the rudder plugged into the #1 port so turns are done with one stick. The glider does not have ailerons.

I have a power plane that I set up the airbrake on but it has a servo on each aileron pugged into 1 and 6. So I know it works. I may be stuck with using the flap knob on the glider.