Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12FG - How to link two rudder servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG - How to link two rudder servos

I have the Futaba 12FG radio and I am trying to set it up to operate two servos on one rudder. One pulls while the other pushes. This is for the Great Planes Patty Wagstaff Extra300. I have them setup as Rudder and Rudder2 but when I set up the triple rates - even after designating them on the same stick in the Functions menu only one the Rudder on ch3 will work for triple rates. The other one just stays on full rates. I should have just gone with a pull pull setup but it's too late now.
The Ailerons and the Elivators work good with the Tripple rate setup no problem there but they are preset to work together in the initial setup.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Rob2160

Default RE: Futaba 12FG - How to link two rudder servos

ORIGINAL: Basil Yousif

I have the Futaba 12FG radio and I am trying to set it up to operate two servos on one rudder. One pulls while the other pushes. This is for the Great Planes Patty Wagstaff Extra300. I have them setup as Rudder and Rudder2 but when I set up the triple rates - even after designating them on the same stick in the Functions menu only one the Rudder on ch3 will work for triple rates. The other one just stays on full rates. I should have just gone with a pull pull setup but it's too late now.
The Ailerons and the Elivators work good with the Tripple rate setup no problem there but they are preset to work together in the initial setup.
Is it possible to connect them via the same channel and use an inline reverser if needed? Maybe not the answer you were looking for..
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Basil Yousif

I was messing around with the radio and figured it out. In the functions menu you can change the RUdder2 to just Rudder. That way you have Rudder on ch3 and Rudder on say ch7.
I guess with this radio two servos on one control surface works different than two servos operating two control surfaces that work together like the ail and ail2.
So the Rudder combined with Rudder2 would be if you had two servos one on each rudder like on some jets. I guess more planes would use this rudder setup so they
defaulted the programming to work this way.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:33 PM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Basil Yousif

Is it possible to connect them via the same channel and use an inline reverser if needed? Maybe not the answer you were looking for..
Actually you would only need a y harness if you go the 1 channel route.one would push on one side while the other would pull on the other side.
split elevator servos onthe other hand would need to move in the same direction on opposite sides,requiring seperate channels or
maybe using Hitec digital servos and program one to reverse. but he figured it out.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Basil Yousif

I had hooked up the rudders on two channels so it would have been extra work to put in a Y harness. I guess each radio has it's programming tricks to get it to work for certain applications. The plane flies great. It's nice to move up to a 50cc plane from a 26cc Katana. The only thing is I miss the speed of the Katana. I was trying to do a Knife Edge and turn then flip sideways and land and the Katana crashed. Oh well no more low altitude tricks at a distance anymore!!