Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 5645MG continue to move?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
stevehookem
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5645MG continue to move?

I just purchased a 30cc plane that is brand new, ready to fly and features Hitec 5645MG servos on all surfaces. It came with a Futaba receiver and I pulled that since I fly JR. It's all running through a Smart Fly Sport with two Fromeco 7.4 batteries.

Question: after hooking everything up to my receiver, the servos continue to move slightly after I have hit the stick to the far limits. If it was just one doing this, I'd think it was bad. However, several do this. Any thoughts on what this may be? Is it safe to fly?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:20 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 5645MG continue to move?

ORIGINAL: stevehookem

I just purchased a 30cc plane that is brand new, ready to fly and features Hitec 5645MG servos on all surfaces. It came with a Futaba receiver and I pulled that since I fly JR. It's all running through a Smart Fly Sport with two Fromeco 7.4 batteries.

Question: after hooking everything up to my receiver, the servos continue to move slightly after I have hit the stick to the far limits. If it was just one doing this, I'd think it was bad. However, several do this. Any thoughts on what this may be? Is it safe to fly?
I would look at the settings on the Smart Fly Sport with regard to voltage. Servo extensions are another source for this kind of servo behavior.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 5645MG continue to move?

ORIGINAL: stevehookem
I just purchased a 30cc plane that is brand new, ready to fly and features Hitec 5645MG servos on all surfaces.
It came with a Futaba receiver and I pulled that since I fly JR. It's all running through a Smart Fly Sport with two Fromeco 7.4 batteries.
Question: after hooking everything up to my receiver, the servos continue to move slightly after I have hit the stick to the far limits.
f it was just one doing this, I'd think it was bad. However, several do this. Any thoughts on what this may be? Is it safe to fly?
Have you maxed out your EPA, these may need to be reduced because JR use a slightly different center which will effect the servo.

Please refer:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.
. Digital Servo Instruction Videos - Programming with HFP-10, HFP-20, HPP-21+, HFP-25

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center & End Point - Adjust to Match TX
. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point May Vary - Why & Correction

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point & End Point variance - Why & Correction

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Programmer is Preferable to using EPA & Trims on TX

. Digital Servo - Burnout. Cause & Prevention

Much more information available under sub sections
"Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.