Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8UAF

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:21 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 8UAF

Once upon a time:-))))))))))))

I had a set of instructions on how to resolve the problem cause by trying to program two switches to do the same function, and causing the dreaded "throttle cut" lock up that the 8U was notorious for. It used the Compac module socket, and "something" to fix this.

My son did this, and I am trying to recover his transmitter. HELP Please

Les
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 8UAF

If the answer to your problem is not forthcoming from this section of the forum I suggest that you transfer your post to the manufacturers section where a Futaba rep like Bax or Krista will respond. Best of luck.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM
LesUyeda
Banned

karolh

I had actually forgotten about that area. I almost never visit. Thanks for reminding me.

Les
Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 PM
LesUyeda
Banned

karolh

Its been so long I cannot even remember how to get there.

Les
Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 PM
karolh

Go to the top of this page and click on the RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers etc link and it will take you to the cover page and in the first box click on Futaba Radios Direct Support and it will take you to the page to place you post.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:27 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Got it. Thanks.

Les
Old 05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
karolh

Welcome.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: LesUyeda Once upon a time:-))))))))))))
I had a set of instructions on how to resolve the problem cause by trying to program two switches to do the same function,
and causing the dreaded "throttle cut" lock up that the 8U was notorious for. It used the Compac module socket, and "something" to fix this.
My son did this, and I am trying to recover his transmitter. HELP Please Les
. Futaba radio support

Radio System FAQ

Q. When I turn on my radio, I get a warning which says (throttle cut, idle down, snap roll, air brake, butterfly, inverted, throttle hold, or idle up).
I've tried moving every switch on the radio, and I can change the error but not get rid of it. I cannot operate my radio. What do I do?

A. The 8U family of radios has a safety feature which will not allow you to attempt to start your model in any of these 'non-base' set ups for safety reasons.
Unfortunately, from what you describe, you have accidentally programmed two or more of these features to the same switch,
so that no matter what position that switch is in, one of these mixers is active and so you cannot operate the radio.
This is a programming error that is a very important one to avoid for the obvious reason that it makes your radio inoperable and if it did not make your radio
inoperable it would make your model potentially unsafe to operate.

8U non-super owners: Unfortunately, there is no override to get past this user set up error in the 8U.
You will need to send your radio for service so the Futaba service team can override this error.
The service team will also turn off the offending features or, if they cannot easily do so, then will blank the model's memory so that your radio will be operable again.
Please follow our instructions to send your radio in for service and be sure to make a note of your error so you don't accidentally recreate the problem.

8U Super owners: The 8U Super includes an override to get around this programming error. Simply press the +/- keys simultaneously.
This will temporarily override the error; however, for the safety of yourself, your model, and others, PLEASE immediately access the programming and fix the error.
Back to main FAQ/Contact Info page

Much more information available below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

A.T.

Thanks, that is about what I expected, BUT,

Somewhere, sometime, I remember reading about using a clone Compac module, and connecting several pins together to achieve the same thing. I have NOT been happy with sending my radio in for repair in the past, and and QUITE reluctant to do so.

Les
Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 AM
karolh

Have you ever tried Radio South for non warranty radio repairs or service. I have been doing so for years and have always been more than satisfied with their work plus the head honcho Tony Stillman is a very nice person to deal with.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try looking at a third party module.
http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/txacc/256k/

Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Thanks Chuckk2. One is on the way.