Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Good quality servo extensions

Old 09-08-2018, 12:07 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"It's always something...." Quote of the day Dave! Thanks for clarifying the Universal-Futaba differences. Greatly appreciated.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:39 AM
r ward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"cut them off and solder them up",.....yes, absolutely.... I suggest doing that for any place you need an extension. I just don't trust the plugs after having one not work 100 %. luckily, I found it while setting up servos, before the plane went in the air. this was on all brand new stuff, straight out of the packaging. I simply just cut the plugs off and soldered the extensions to the servo leads. used marine grade heat shrink to insulate the soldered joints. it has a good adhesive that really seals to the existing insulation making a neat looking job. next time I need some extensions i'll just get some wire and custom make the servo leads to fit each installation. that eliminates the plug that is usually buried somewhere in the wing or fuselage and can't be gotten to easily.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:32 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been rolling my own custom servo extensions for years and have been very happy with the results.
Get the better crimper along with the wire and connectors and you'll never look back.
Do some of your own diligent research as to which is the best size and type wire for you as well as connectors and you'll be making your own like a pro.
It really is that simple.

This has been my supplier since the beginning.
Hansen Hobbies - Products
Old 10-27-2018, 04:42 AM
thailazer

Been looking for a kit like that. Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by Highflight
I've been rolling my own custom servo extensions for years and have been very happy with the results.
Get the better crimper along with the wire and connectors and you'll never look back.
Do some of your own diligent research as to which is the best size and type wire for you as well as connectors and you'll be making your own like a pro.
It really is that simple.

This has been my supplier since the beginning.
Hansen Hobbies - Products
Old 11-14-2018, 09:07 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

one item of interest on servo extensions that I did not see mentioned is the actual contact point of the male and female pin varies from Brand to brand solid or u-shaped if you get the wrong variety of contact point against the other you will get varied results of reliability I buy my own pins male and female double insertion force from Newark and change them male and female so I know they're correct contact point mating for each other the only way you can do this without putting your own pins on, is to stick with the OEM brand extensions for a particular brand of servo or device, I know this will be expensive but you will be assured that the mating surface contact is correct by design.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:16 AM
thailazer

Originally Posted by c/f
one item of interest on servo extensions that I did not see mentioned is the actual contact point of the male and female pin varies from Brand to brand solid or u-shaped if you get the wrong variety of contact point against the other you will get varied results of reliability I buy my own pins male and female double insertion force from Newark and change them male and female so I know they're correct contact point mating for each other the only way you can do this without putting your own pins on, is to stick with the OEM brand extensions for a particular brand of servo or device, I know this will be expensive but you will be assured that the mating surface contact is correct by design.
Good point!