Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cirrus again.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 07:49 PM
rms59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cirrus again.....

Before I put my 4 old Cirrus radios in a box for good, I would like one last shot at resurecting one of them.
One of the radios is a Cirrus Four-XL 72.750MHZ xtal type 72-5 and it has a receiver marked CR-742. No other marks at all.
What is the chance that this is still suitable as an aircraft radio.
Also, who made Cirrus radios? I can't find any web site at all. I I could, I would talk to them.
Much appreciated.
Dick
Old 09-22-2003, 08:16 PM
mustang4me

Default RE: Cirrus again.....

I still have and use my Cirrus from the 70's which I learnt to fly with! (Changed it from 27M to 29M easy peasy!) It's been through a few batteries though! I use it in a Mugi now, but it goes well. It is well built, and uses quality components.
My only problem was black wire in the transmitter causing mad servo jitter. I believe that I bought spare servo cases and gears from EK Logictrol years ago. FWIW.
Adrian.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:17 PM
linclogs

Futaba made them for Hobby Shack back in the 80's.

I'm not sure if ALL Cirrus radios were made by Futaba, but I've got a couple of the 900-FM models and they were. I just love them. They were pre-computer radios but were way ahead of their time in features and, IMHO, were better than the Futaba's of the same time period.

I'm not familiar with the model# you're asking about, but you could check with Radio South ([email protected]). They can answer all your questions as they support Cirrus (Hobby Shack) radios.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
mustang4me

Oops, I also meant to suggest doing a range check with the antena down or removed. If you can not get 10 meters or more, forget aircraft.
Are there limits to what vehicles that 72MHz can be used for in USA?
Adrian.