Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Build your own micro-RX?

Old 01-14-2003, 03:13 AM
< MZ >

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build your own micro-RX?

hey, found this document:
http://www.tcrobots.org/articles/microrx.doc
and I wondered if anyone out there ever built it.. if so what are your experiences?
I was actually looking for a home-built IR Tx-Rx system but wasn't lucky enough to find any.. Anyone got some URL's on the subject?

Greetz,
Maarten
Old 01-14-2003, 11:10 AM
FHHuber
Banned

You probably won't find any modern articles on building your own R/C TX. The FCC rules are now such that its not reasonable to do it legally. Testing and certification costs (for the individual "one-off" TX) make you need to go into mass production for it to pay off.

The RX though doesn't put out sufficient RF interference even if you buld it wrong for the FCC to be worried about it.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:23 AM
< MZ >

Hey FHHuber,

I'm not planning to build my own RF Transmitter... I was speaking about IR (infra-red) systems, you know, for the tiny indoor use..
Thing is, I want a very light setup.. either RF or IR.
The document I stated describes a rather light DIY RF Rx, but I prefer having some experiences on it from other people before I start that adventure.
As for the infra-red part, I don't think the FCC will bother.. The most annoying interference I can think of is unwanted zapping of the telly :-)

I found an interesting thread on the IR-subject on e-zone.. (in indoor- and microflight forum). Think I'll go with that setup, seems rather easy...

Anduhm, the FCC, don't bother.. this is Belgium. By the time all the forms and annoying formalities - just for someone to come and check out interferences - are done, we'll be a few months further and no-one ever noticed it. I know cuz we're having serious problems at our field and we can't do nothing about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Greetz & thx,
Maarten
Old 01-14-2003, 01:19 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Infra-red, the FCC doesn't care at all. Its not in thier balliwick.

I've heard of people controlling IR "R/C" stuff with their television remote... just a matter of playing around with which btton gives what result.