Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FASST R6014-FS Receiver with 'WHITE DOT'

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 03:25 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FASST R6014-FS Receiver with 'WHITE DOT'

I have an older Futaba Fasst R6014-FS Receiver, that I would like to use; it was purchased in 2008 or 2009, never used, has a 'White Dot' painted on the end of the case where the Attenna Wires exit, if I recall the original 6014FS Models had a heat tolerance problem, does the White Dot identify a later 'FS' Model that had the Heat Tolerance issue solved or corrected?

I might add, that I also have 2 newer 6014HS RX's that both have small Gold Dots Painted on them, these I have been told do not have any Heat tolerance issues, I would like to use the FS Model but not if there is a question of an issue with heat tolerance.

Thanks.

Last edited by dasintex; 09-07-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

The white dot versions were Futaba's first effort to correct the mess they created with the 6014FS rx's. It has different components and IIRC it's supposed to have the 3.0 volt servo signal voltage rather than the original 6014's 2.7 volts which prevented you from using anything but Futaba servos. The next version was the gold dot which has different hardware again and a more significant effort at stopping the heat related shut downs of the rx's. Then they released the 6014HS which supposedly has it all fixed but I've always wondered how you can release a "High Speed" rx and only the first 6 channels are high speed? I was not aware that any of the HS rx's had gold dots on them???

Last edited by Zeeb; 09-08-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM
pilotpete2

Zeeb is correct in that the white dots do indicate that it is an later version of the R6014 and should be fine as far as the heat issue goes, but he's a bit off the mark as far as the 2.7V signal voltage on the R6014FS being a problem on any servo other than Futaba servos, simply not true. The low signal level problem was pretty much isolated to certain Hitec digital servos that Hitec was willing to correct for no charge, since there was an issue with the value of a pull down resistor that loaded the receivers output signal too much. Those servos were also notorious for not being able to be able to be doubled up on a Y harness on almost any receiver, also due to the issue with the wrong pull down resistor. Today the low voltage signal level is pretty much a moot point.
There is a very good reason that the high speed refresh rate is limited to only 6 channels on Futaba HS series receivers. The HS mode can only be used with digital servos, and then it only results in a digital reaching its full holding power faster. On even a 3D aerobatic model HS mode buys you zip/nada, only on high performance helicopters does the HS mode make a difference to some. If HS mode were on all channels, it would limit the useability of the HS mode on channel/functions that benefit from the HS refresh rate, since too many servos and other devices, such as ESC's, and retract systems will not work on a channel in HS mode. With the ability to map any function to any channel on current Futaba transmitters, utilizing the HS mode on functions that can benefit from the HS refresh rate, and assigning the functions where it would have no possible benefit, or not even work at all is easy to accomplish.
Pete
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Appreciate the replys, it sounds like the FS Model that I have should work without any problems, as expensive as these RX's are, it would have been a shame not to be able to use it.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

You should be fine as long as you use common sense installation methods. Some of the very early 6014FS RX had heat related problems is you let them cook in direct sunlight. Certainly, failures were few and far between. Beware of those who try to paint it as a "mess." Their motives and experience would have to come in to question given the facts in the case.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

You Futaba fan boys ought to be forced to use pictures of you in orange T-shirts as your avatars....