Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

FrSky TFR8 SB 8ch 2.4Ghz S.BUS Receiver FASST Compatible - Is the Range same as Futab

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FrSky TFR8 SB 8ch 2.4Ghz S.BUS Receiver FASST Compatible - Is the Range same as Futab

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FrSky TFR8 SB 8ch 2.4Ghz S.BUS Receiver FASST Compatible - Is the Range same as Futab

I was checking out this new receiver -

FrSky TFR8 SB 8ch 2.4Ghz S.BUS Receiver FASST Compatible

that Hobby King is selling for $38 that has a S-Bus system and wondered if the Range was good for a 1/4 Scale Extra with a 50cc motor and as good as the Futaba receivers.
I have an older Futaba 6014FS 14ch receiver that went bad and need to replace it, I only have Futaba 7 channel receivers and need 8 channels.
The Futaba has been known to go 3 miles in FPV flying (good enough range) but one guy said he only got .4 of a mile or 6000m with this receiver.
Could he have got a bad one as this is way less than the Futaba receiver range. Has anyone used this receiver the description sais it is as good as the Futaba receiver.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ompatible.html

Also has anyone checked out the range on the Orange RX FAAST 8CH receivers. I use them they work great and I think they are manufactured by FrSky, but I have never put them up against the futaba receivers for range. I use them in Park Flyers and a 30 Raptor heli.

Futaba service want's $30 just to check the 6014FS if these receivers are the same why not just get one instead for only the diagnostic fee.

Last edited by Basil Yousif; 09-13-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Basil Yousif
I was checking out this new receiver -

FrSky TFR8 SB 8ch 2.4Ghz S.BUS Receiver FASST Compatible

that Hobby King is selling for $38 that has a S-Bus system and wondered if the Range was good for a 1/4 Scale Extra with a 50cc motor and as good as the Futaba receivers.
I have an older Futaba 6014FS 14ch receiver that went bad and need to replace it, I only have Futaba 7 channel receivers and need 8 channels.
The Futaba has been known to go 3 miles in FPV flying (good enough range) but one guy said he only got .4 of a mile or 6000m with this receiver.
Could he have got a bad one as this is way less than the Futaba receiver range. Has anyone used this receiver the description sais it is as good as the Futaba receiver.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ompatible.html

Also has anyone checked out the range on the Orange RX FAAST 8CH receivers. I use them they work great and I think they are manufactured by FrSky, but I have never put them up against the futaba receivers for range. I use them in Park Flyers and a 30 Raptor heli.

Futaba service want's $30 just to check the 6014FS if these receivers are the same why not just get one instead for only the diagnostic fee.
I assume you mean 600 meters, not 6000 meters? 0.4 of a mile is closer to 600 meters.

I use several of these receivers in Helicopters and EDF jets for over 2 years now and they have worked perfectly.

I range test every receiver I own before use and the Orange RXs have equal range to the genuine Futaba Receivers.

Two vids here of my own range checks - the first is with the Orange RX and the second is with a Genuine Futaba.

The HK website lists the range as 1.5 Km + From my experience they will work at more than double that distance easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPIWgfgvxAU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVIR0a9s8TE If you do decide to use them make sure you follow the advice in the manual and:

1. Disable Fail safe in your Transmitter.
2. Only use High Speed mode if you are using Digital Servos.

Here is one in action in a small EDF..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruiuZahglQk

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-13-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Basil Yousif

These are EP models bujt can this receiver work for bigger 50cc models with no problems.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Basil Yousif

These are EP models but can this receiver work for bigger 50cc models with no problems. Also has anyone tried these receivers up against Futaba using a FPV system where you fly with a camera as far as the signal strength will let you go. Your right .4 mile is around 6000 meters but the Futaba range is over 3 miles.