Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Switching the Switch T12FG

Old 12-13-2013, 02:31 PM
TheBarracuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching the Switch T12FG

Hi everyone,

I have the Futaba T12FG (about 18months old).

I am trying to find out how easy it is to swap around the sprung loaded 'trainer' switch from the top right in the SH position to the top left hand side 'SF' position and vice versa.

It is for an airbrake and i struggle to use it without applying an input on the joy stick. Not good.

Also, the back of the transmitter did not want to come off after removing 4 screws so i guess there could be more somewhere.?

If anyone knows the answer i would be very grateful,
Many thanks
Old 12-14-2013, 09:47 AM
mvallyman
My Feedback: (32)

I encountered the same issue with my 8FG. The easiest thing to do is buy another momentary switch to replace the one on the left. The switches will interchange easily as long as you are good at soldering. Switches can be purchased from Tower and other stores, the 'long momentary" is what you need. The other option is to have "Hobby Services" do it for you.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:27 AM
TheBarracuda

That is a very good idea,thank you. I do need to keep the 2 position switch as well as it's my smoke pump switch.
maybe I will have another go at getting the back off. There must be a couple of hidden screws somewhere near the top as that is the bit that doesn't warn to come off!
Thanks again
Old 12-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

I swapped the SF and SH switches on both of my 12FG transmitters, plus a buddy's. It involves desoldering each switch from their circuit boards, then resoldering them in the swapped position. If you're comfortable soldering small electronic circuit boards, it's a fairly easy and straightforward project.

As mentioned above, Tower sells the long momentary switches and the long two position switches. You might want to have both of them on hand first before you try swapping them in case one or both switches get damaged during the project.

It's been at least 4 years since I did the swap, but I don't recall any problems getting the back off after removing the four screws.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:15 AM
TheBarracuda

Morning dave ,
I have the back of now and can see that it's going to be straightforward.
thanks for your help.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

So did you swap the switches yet?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 AM
TheBarracuda

Hi dave
many thanks, yes I did it and I also did it on my 14 channel Futaba to keep it standard on each.
you convinced me it was going to work.
have a great christmas

tony