Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR DMSS Module and receivers

Old 12-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Maxam
My Feedback: (62)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR DMSS Module and receivers

I have two Japanese made 9303 JR 72Mhz transmitters that accept various modules. The radios work well on 72 Mhz, DSM2 with the DM9 module with the servos working smoothly. I purchased the DMSS module which in a short time was discontinued!? I have the 8 channel and the 11 channel powersafe receiver(DMSS of course). This module and these receivers combination make the servos travel very roughly with the servos shaking somewhat violently as they travel. When the transmitter stick is not moving the servos are quiet. When you hold a servo in your hand with the stick moving, it is not smooth at all. On 4 cells the servos are less rough than on 5 cells or 2S Lipo.
1. Has anyone else experienced this issue either with a new JR DMSS radio or module?
2. Any explanation as to the rough servo behavior.

Thank you. -Tom
Old 12-22-2013, 11:30 PM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the JR DMSS module (TG2.4XP) and it works well with my JR 12x transmitter.
The transmitter modulation must be set on PPM mode.
Not sure if it compatible with the 9303 transmitter?? I believe it does work with the !!X and 9x transmitters.

Purchased it from Horizon some time ago.
The module is not discontinued, but still sold by JR, at least it is listed in the 2013 JR catalog.
It seems that Horizon does not import it any longer.

Originally Posted by Maxam View Post
I have two Japanese made 9303 JR 72Mhz transmitters that accept various modules. The radios work well on 72 Mhz, DSM2 with the DM9 module with the servos working smoothly. I purchased the DMSS module which in a short time was discontinued!? I have the 8 channel and the 11 channel powersafe receiver(DMSS of course). This module and these receivers combination make the servos travel very roughly with the servos shaking somewhat violently as they travel. When the transmitter stick is not moving the servos are quiet. When you hold a servo in your hand with the stick moving, it is not smooth at all. On 4 cells the servos are less rough than on 5 cells or 2S Lipo.
1. Has anyone else experienced this issue either with a new JR DMSS radio or module?
2. Any explanation as to the rough servo behavior.

Thank you. -Tom
Old 12-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Maxam
My Feedback: (62)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BJW, Thank you for your reply. The module and the two receivers bind well. The 9303 was listed as compatible and yes the transmitter is on PPM mode. They charged a lot for the module too! I will call Horizon to see if I can get more info. -Tom