Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ORX T-6 Range test.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:16 PM
hfb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORX T-6 Range test.

Got a new ORX T-6 to replace a bad DX6i. All works on the T-6 except there does not appear to be any atenuation of the transmitter when I range test it. I got about 400Ft. from the plane and the servos still respond. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:44 AM
hfb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will copy what I wrote in the HobbyKing Forum:

The problem is there is no low power test on the T-6. I had a helper when making this test. A low power test would allow me, by my self, to set the plane 90 feet from me, where I can see the control surfaces respond, and know it will work at longer ranges in the air. I can try several different angles and know it will work. The same thing can be done with a helper and cell phones at flying distances with much less conveience. It is stupid to copy a feature from Spectrum and then not make it work. Research online shows the Bind signal is transmitted every time the T-6 is turned on with or without the trainer lever being used. More stupid. It reminds me of the early Japanese transistor radios that had extra transistors installed and not used by the radio at all to allow them to be advirtised as having more transistors. All intended to mislead customers. This wrong just plain wrong. Customer trust is hard to get and very easy to destroy.