Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr8411 servos whistling

Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM
aris1
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr8411 servos whistling

Dear modelers,
I hope that my email will find you all in good health.I have been flying models for almost 35 years,and because it is the first time that I am going to use digital jr 8411 servos,I would like your opinion,concerning a continuous whistling that they are making.When I switch them on,the whistling(sound like a used pot)starts and does not stop.When I go full throw,the whistling increases,and when in neutral,it does not stop.After 30 minutes playing around,on the ground,the whistling stopped only once,when in neutral,and came back again as soon as I touched the tx sticks.Because I do not know about digital,is this whistling normal?My flight controls are smooth like butter.Shall I return them back to the shop?Thanking you in advance,I hope to hear from you soon.HAPPY NEW YEAR ,full of good health,plenty of balsa and epoxy,and always with happy landings!!!!!!!!Best regards
Aris
Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds to me that your servos are hunting. JR at one time bragged in their ads that their servos had 0 usec deadband. In fact I have tested some that that is true. That means the servo has no resting place and will oscillate(whistle).
If I were you and the dealer would take them back I would get the equivalent Hitec servo. If he wont take them back, fly them and plan on replacing the gears or pot sooner or later
Old 01-06-2014, 04:47 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the JR 8411's. Never had a problem as you describe. You should be talking to Horizon, if there is a problem, they will take care of it.
Crank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PT-3.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1954825  
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Whistling or humming? Humming is normal for digitals.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its pretty normal for digital servos to hum,and make noise when they move....but since its your first experience with DIGITAL servos it understandable.....i thought it was pretty strange when i first got into digital servos
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

A digital can sing to you if it is just holding up the weight of a large control surface. This is normal and can vary from a high pitched squeal to a low buzz depending on the particular servo. This exact sound varies from mfg. to mfg., model to model, etc.

Now if your servo is making noise just sitting on the table, plugged in and doing nothing, I would be concerned.