Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12fg total reset??

Old 01-10-2014, 03:03 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12fg total reset??

Does anyone know of a way to reset the entire 12FG transmitter to original defaults? I tried the Data reset commands shown in the manual and I still have a mix from elevator to aileron.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 PM
DougV

Create a new model, then go back to the original model and delete it.

Doug
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 AM
sidgates

Default Reset

Originally Posted by DougV View Post
Create a new model, then go back to the original model and delete it.

Doug
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug,
I appreciate the help. I created a "New" model and deleted the original model and the new model seems to have the same programing as the deleted. I did not do a copy. I was able to manually change the new model to the desired settings but wonder if there is something I have missed. I want to have a basic 6ch set up to start.

Condition1 is present and I looked at the manual to delete it but that isn't an option in the menu. Maybe there has to be a "Condition1" .

I am open to any other suggestions.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Do you have a 12FGA? Or a 12FGH?

Are you trying to setup an airplane with the radio set to heli mode?
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
sidgates

Not setting up in Heli mode. The model is T12FGA on the front of the Tx. I am just setting up a 6ch fixed wing model. There where some mixes in thej programing I don't want. I think I have found all of the mixes and disabled them but now when I move the elevator stick both Ch1 & Ch2 move on the servo monitor screen Mixers 1-8 are set to "inhibit".

Last edited by sidgates; 01-12-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 PM
sidgates

I had the Tx set up as Ch1= Ail; Ch2= Elevator; Ch3= Throttle; Ch4= Rudder. Next I went to "Data Reset" and did a reset on all. Now Ch1= Rud; Ch2=Au2; Ch3= Throttle; Ch4=Ail; Ch5=Ail2; Ch6= Gear; Ch7= Au6; Ch8= Au5; Ch9=Au4; Ch10= Au3; Ch11=Au2; Ch12=Au1.

This is the setup that was present when I bought the radio and not what I want. I was hoping to find a way to reset all the functions to factory default so I know where I stand on the programming. The informatation screen says I have version 1.6. and no memory card.

I am now thinking doing the reset in the menu resets the transmitter to the last program settings and not to factory defaults if there is such a thing.

Last edited by sidgates; 01-12-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:52 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

after the reset, ch 2 should have been elevator.
they set ch 4 and ch5 as ail 1, 2 so if you want separate ail servos, they are in the same data transmission block to the rx.
i seem to remember that the default channel lineup changes some between modulation modes selected. 7 ch isn't the same as multi, which isn't the same as whatever else they have added.

all the above also is subject to change with your selections on wing type, tail type and such in the original model type set up for each model.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:01 AM
sidgates

Mongo - Thanks for the explanation. I guess I will manually set it up again to the control sequence I am used to which is what my 9Z defaults are. You mentioned "transmission block". I don't remember reading about blocks in the manual but will look again.
Sid
Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 AM
woodie

Sid

The radio will set all the 'ports' for you based on how you selected the Model Type when starting a new model. This is a very powerful function in the 12FG and up series of radios. Unfortunately, it is also not explained very well in the manual. I had the same issues when I went from a 9Z to a 14MZ. I tried to make the channels match what I had 'always' used. In doing that, I basically crippled the programming power of the radio. If you go thru the model setup, select wing/tail type, the radio will assign functions to ports based on the configuration you selected. Then, when you activate mixes, they are already setup, you don't have to go thru the hassle of assigning master/slave, etc. After you go thru the model setup function, look at the servo monitor screen and it will tell you what servo is plugged into what port. There is no 'default' setup like we used to have. Little hard to get used to at first, but it helps tremendously when you do an initial setup. I can setup a pattern plane with dual ail/elev and 3 conditions in about 5 minutes now. If I need any mixes after test flights, it is only a couple more minutes getting them activated since most commonly used mixes are already pre programmed in the radio.

When used as intended, programming a 12FG is super simple, quick. Unfortunately, Futaba didn't spend a couple pages at the front of the manual explaining this powerful functionality.

Woodie aka Don Atwood
Old 01-13-2014, 09:28 AM
sidgates

Woodie- Thanks so much for the explanation, it really helps. After doing the reset as listed above I have Ail1 and Ail2 on the Normal Mode 2 Ail stick. Rudder stick moves Ch1. Throttle stick moves Ch3. Elevator stick moves the two Ail Ch4 & Ch5 in opposite directions. Ch2 shows it is Aux2 but it isn't assigned to any control.

Have to ask also, are you the Don Atwood that used to fly pattern in Denver many years ago?

Another 12FG question. My screen shows "Condit1". What is "Condit1"??

Last edited by sidgates; 01-13-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 AM
woodie

Originally Posted by sidgates View Post
Woodie- Thanks so much for the explanation, it really helps. After doing the reset as listed above I have Ail1 and Ail2 on the Normal Mode 2 Ail stick. Rudder stick moves Ch1. Throttle stick moves Ch3. Elevator stick moves the two Ail Ch4 & Ch5 in opposite directions. Ch2 shows it is Aux2 but it isn't assigned to any control.

Have to ask also, are you the Don Atwood that used to fly pattern in Denver many years ago?

Another 12FG question. My screen shows "Condit1". What is "Condit1"??
Yep, that's me, flew lots of years in Denver.....

It is not unusual for the radio to setup a model with a port somewhere in the middle not having anything assigned to it.

Condit1 stands for Condition 1 which is the default or 'normal' condition. Assuming your next question will be 'what is a condition?', it is the next powerful programming function of this series radios. The 9Z had conditions also but the 12FG adds the capability of using 'logic' to trigger or switch between conditions. Basically, a condition is a copy of the 'condition1/normal' setup and you can make programming changes to it for things like landings, snap rolls, spins, etc. When the condition is triggered, you basically have a new model in which you change throws, mixes. Conditions can be triggered by a switch, combination of switches, stick positions. Similar to using rates but much, much more powerful. Using rate switches, you basically change one or two rates, conditions allow you to change anything.... My explanation doesn't do the 'conditions' justice, it is one of the most misunderstood functions in these radios. Most people think it is just a fancy dual rate function, much much more than that.

Woodie
Old 01-13-2014, 11:13 AM
sidgates

Woodie,
Read the book some more after your help and now have a better understanding of the programing scheme. Thanks so much.
Sid
Old 01-13-2014, 11:21 AM
sidgates

Woodie,
I am about the last of the old timers flying actively in Denver that you knew. I understand Rob Kelley still flies some, mostly electric and Jim Eide. My son, Brian, is active but lives in Arlington, Tx. and flies there with the Ft. Worth club some.

I haven't seen Lloyd N. for about 3-4 years.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:44 AM
woodie

I saw Lloyd about a year ago. He and his wife were on a road trip vacation in their RV, he emailed me before coming thru the area. We got a chance to go to the flying field so he could see an electric pattern plane perform then a nice lunch. He hasn't been flying for years. Sold all his equipment.

Woodie
Old 06-30-2014, 09:20 PM
barry wetherell

Guys, I have just been given a 12fgh, but I fly airplanes , can I change the default to aircraft ?????
Barry