Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aurora 9 and Anylink

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:49 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 and Anylink

I have what is probably a pretty basic question for you folks. I have about 20 planes with Futaba FASST or Futaba FASST compatible receivers in them. However, I am fascinated with the idea of a Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter. Will an Aurora 9 transmitter fitted with an Anylink communicate with those FASST receivers?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
I have what is probably a pretty basic question for you folks.
I have about 20 planes with Futaba FASST or Futaba FASST compatible receivers in them.
However, I am fascinated with the idea of a Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter.
Will an Aurora 9 transmitter fitted with an Anylink communicate with those FASST receivers?
No, FASST is a Futaba product not related to Anylink
The Anylink does not provide a link to anything other than those models fitted with the appropriate
Anylink receiver,
Please refer to:

. Tactic Anylink Module - Aurora 9 Setup, includes all other Hitec Tx.

. TX-R_How it Works

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no reason you can't have 2 nice radios... :-) Fly your 20 on FASST with a futaba radio and as new planes come along get some hitec receivers, HItec is nice in that they sell 3-packs of receivers for a pretty fair price so you can equip a number of planes at the same time if you so chose to.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Aurora 9X has an SLT transmit capability as well as Hitec's own 2.4. Just introduced, so they're selling at sticker. If you don't want to wait, the A9 price is dropping and late this month Tactic is coming out with the Anylink2, advertised as full range versus 1000 ft in the Anylink. Cost according to Tower will be $10 more.