Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 8103 w/Spektrum ( mod ) ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:57 AM
CitatioN10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JR 8103 w/Spektrum ( mod ) ?

Hey all.... I'm looking to get the Spektrum mod for my 8103. The problem I have is the good spektrum module that cost $109.00 is about the ugliest thing I have ever seen on a radio in my life. I can't get over the fact on having an empty hole and having this module antenna sticking out from underneath a nice TX . My question is , has anyone ever taken one of these apart and re routing it on the inside of the TX ? I have already taken my TX apart and I see there is plenty of room.

If nobody has an idea for this I will just pick up the module and do the mod and post pictures on how to make the ugliest TX module for the 8103 to a nice looking one !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SPMMSJR710_02.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1968653   Click image for larger version

Name:	spec_dsm2tx_jr.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1968654  
Old 02-15-2014, 02:49 PM
grizzly59

You should have seen the module before the new one. The wire was all outside. But that module was more like the original fm module. With the purchase of another brand antennae that it was possible to hide all the wiring inside. Brand name escapes me for now. Those old cases are around. Electronics from the new module fits in the old type module,
Old 02-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Checklst

Maybe this will help a little, its an automotive plastic panel plug.......sold at Autozone ect...........covers up the hole nicely

Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 AM
grizzly59

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...cx2-3-EFLH1058

This is the replacement antennae. The wire is longer than the Jr 2.4 antennaes This is necessary to make the adaption The wire is routed down through the trans case via a small hole or original antenna hole, I forgot which. Wire comes down and through a small hole you drill in the indent where the original module snapped in. This replacement antenna should fit the antennae hole in the transmitter. I did this to a 9303 so I know it works. The history of the 2.4 adaption to fm transmitters started with the frist module. This module fit looked the same and fit like the original fm module. The antennae wire came out from the module to the 2,4 antenna outside the transmitter. The 2.4 adaption was great but the setup crude. There were several adapters that came with the system to make the new 2.4 antennae fit on top of the transmitter in the original antennae hole. Then along came the case for the new type system. We took the electronics out of original system and put it into the new system. If you know someone that had the original system he would have spare parts to make the antenna fit on the 8103. I still have the older 2.4 module and spare antennae adapters. The antennae recommended above will make the system you asked about. If you want pictures let me know.
What you need is the electronics from the module in the picture you show, the old first version module, the Blade antennae from horizon, and an antennae adapter. There is a small clip on the antennae wire that snaps in place on the electronic board of the 2,4 module.

Last edited by grizzly59; 02-16-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:14 PM
CitatioN10
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds good to me , If you have any pictures that might help !!! Thanks a lot. I have had the 8103 apart and I also have an older 8103 that it dead , after looking at it I know something can be done. Just need to get the antenna you recommended and with proper routing it should be good to go.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:23 PM
grizzly59

Transmitter is gone. I can get a picture of the original 2.4 module that fits in just like the fm module. I'll see if I have all the parts.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 AM
grizzly59

These are pictures of the original 2.4 module. Notice the slot cut on the top of the case for the antennae wire to enter the module and clip to the electron board inside the module. The electronic board is taken out of the module you have pictured. There is a bind button that goes with this case. To make the replacement antennae fit on the top of your transmitter you will need an adapter or make one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.4 Module 003 (Medium).JPG
Views:	33
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	1970749   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.4 Module 001 (Medium).JPG
Views:	34
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	1970750   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.4 Module 002 (Medium).JPG
Views:	35
Size:	256.8 KB