Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with Flysky FS-IT4

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
MJG44
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Flysky FS-IT4

So I just bought one of these with a few receivers and the trouble I am having is as follows: I bind the radio to rx1, works great, bind to rx2 works great, when i go back to rx1 I have to rebind... The radio and receiver lose connectivity when switching back and forth between vehicles.... Anyone know what the deal is or a trick to not have to rebind all the time when going back and forth between vehicles...?? If there is no way, would it be safe to leave the bind plug in the receiver all the time? That way I can just turn the vehicle on and select bind from the tx and go....??
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing wrong with your radio. It was designed to be bound to (1) Rx at a time. Mine and every one else do the same thing. So why would they give it a 20 model memory if it could be bound to only one Rx. Dang good question, I have asked that several times.

There is hope. They are sending out new main boards that have new hardware that will let you bind all Rx's at the same time. It appears there is a hardware limit to

I sent an email to [email protected] It was a couple days and he replied. I am waiting for the email to tell me the board has shipped

If you go to rctech.com, ultimaterc.com/forums/ They have long threads on the iT4. I do have to say, I like everything about this radio. It has a ton of features, easy to use, good feel, solid signal. Only issue i have is the lack of binding to multi Rx's. Now, there is a way around it. You can leave the bind plug in, so all you have to do is select the model memory, go to the bind menu, turn on the car, the Tx will make a horn sound, select BIND, and away you go.

Buzz.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Donwebster

It's Okay for you should rebind while you want to go back from RX1 to RX2 or RX2 to RX1. But you'd better take down the bind plug in the receiver while it running.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:32 PM
blvdbuzzard

Why remove the bind plug? I have been running my two trucks with the bind plug left plugged in for almost 3 months now. I have a replacement board coming from the land down under and a replacement chip from China. With either one it will allow proper binding of multiple Rx's.

Buzz.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:55 AM
SteveM
My Feedback: (1)

I sent an email to [email protected] the other day and I'm still waiting for a reply. I'm beginning to think that I'm SOL on a replacement board or the chip. The radio is fine otherwise and does what it should. One area that I wish was a bit better is the swivel steering knob. I'd like to lock it down a bit better but nothing I do makes any difference. The Allen head bolt under the pivot seems to do nothing at all.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:51 AM
blvdbuzzard

Yes the swivel is a friction fit. it would be nice if it had detente to hold it in a position or a set screw to hold it tight in any position. I did receive a replacement chip. i removed the stock one, soldered in the new one and away I went. Bound all Rx's and they keep the settings like it is suppose to do.

It took about a week or so before I received a reply from frysky.

Buzz.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:13 AM
SteveM
My Feedback: (1)

I emailed and received the following reply from FlySky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi:Thanks for your supporting of our company .
Could you tell me where did you buy the FS-IT4? I need to write down the information .
If you have any question ,you had better to contact the seller first , they can help you to solve the problem immediately .
If you want to solve the problem about binding , you need to exchange the IC chip by yourself , the process is very complex and need some tools to do this operation .
After you exchange the IC chip ,you need to update the version , then you can download the newest version in our company website : www.flysky-cn.com
Hope it is helpful for you .Thank you !

If you have any question ,please feel free to contact me !

[HR][/HR] Crystal
TEL: 18898582650
QQ 878145768
E-mail:[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not very helpful and I replied to ask if they would send me the new chip. No reply yet.

I was also advised to send an email to [email protected] which I did today to ask if he has the chip that he can send me. Waiting on this as well.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:04 PM
blvdbuzzard

Jerry helped a lot of us on the car forum. We all got the chip.

To replace the chip is not hard if and I do mean this, if you have done board soldering before. Takes about 15 minutes if you take your time. If you do not have a solder sucker or solder wick, you can make a good piece of solder wick from a piece of motor wire and flux. That will help to pull the old solder off the board and chip. A little pressure with the iron, and a small pointed tool, the leg will lift right off. I used a small piece of tape to hold the chip in place when I re-soldered it. Touch the iron to the leg, touch the solder, move to next leg. If you have good eye no magnification is needed. Bad eye, you may need to use a magnifying glass.

You down load the software from their site, plud the iT4 into the computer with the micro USB cable, run the install program, it reads and then writes to the transmitter. Takes about 5 minute, Then you are good to go.

There are threads on rctech about the iT4.

Buzz.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:17 PM
FastMover

So, will newer versions of the tranmitter come pre-installed with the new chip and firmware?