Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Problem

Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 AM
alex8828

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Problem

Hello All,

I am running TC4 with XERUN X8B esc/motor combo and my radio is FS GT3B. So, I am having an issue after driving for about 15 minutes on 4000 mah lipo my servo will suddenly turn left and remains there if I try to turn the wheels to the right the servo makes a straining sound as if the radio is sending a signal to keep it to the left. I switched to another battery turned every thing off and then back on the servo still put the wheels to the left instead of center and none of my radio settings has changed. Can anyone read into what might be happing here....I am new to all this? My servo is Hitech 625mg

Thanks,
Alex
Old 05-22-2014, 01:17 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alex8828 View Post
Hello All,
I am running TC4 with XERUN X8B esc/motor combo and my radio is FS GT3B.
So, I am having an issue after driving for about 15 minutes on 4000 mah lipo my servo will suddenly turn left and remains there if I try to turn the wheels to the right the servo makes a straining sound as if the radio is sending a signal to keep it to the left
. I switched to another battery turned every thing off and then back on the servo still put the wheels to the left instead of center and none of my radio settings has changed.
Can anyone read into what might be happening here....I am new to all this? My servo is Hitech 625mg

Thanks, Alex
If all is AOK for 15 minutes from cold, then either the ESC is overheating and shutting down or most likely going into "failsafe" because you are driving out of range or similar.
All known ESC on cars and boats have their failsafe set to drive the steering servo full left or right to prevent model simply heading off into the wild blue yonder;
Please read all info on both your Tx & ESC relating to failsafe settings.

. ESC - Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems.

Much more information available under sub sections
"Battery Care, Performance & DIY Battery Packs."
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

Last edited by A.T.; 05-22-2014 at 01:19 AM.