Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Old RC car with msc

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 01:59 PM
kodaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old RC car with msc

I have an old RC car that I bought in 1986. The servo/ manual speed control has worn out. I would like to replace it with an electronic one. My problem is, every esc that I see has a 3 pin connector that is supposed to connect to the receiver. My receiver has separate wires going to the servo, 2 to the servo motor and 3 to the servo pot. the 3 are colored yellow, green and pink, the 2 are gray and purple. Any one have an idea as to how to connect an esc to this receiver?
Fred in Alabama
Old 05-26-2014, 01:12 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kodaker
I have an old RC car that I bought in 1986.
The servo/ manual speed control has worn out. I would like to replace it with an electronic one.
My problem is, every esc that I see has a 3 pin connector that is supposed to connect to the receiver.
My receiver has separate wires going to the servo, 2 to the servo motor and 3 to the servo pot.
the 3 are colored yellow, green and pink, the 2 are gray and purple.
Any one have an idea as to how to connect an esc to this receiver? Fred in Alabama
Unfortunately that servo has no on board electronics, being driven by the main board.
If you can not repair the original ESC, then a new receiver will be required together with servo and ESC.
Alternatively, try:
. 5 Wire Servo to 3 Wire Servo Conversion

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 AM
kodaker

Thanks but this won't work for me. My model car doesn't have an esc only an msc. The manual servo for steering still works fine but not the one for speed control. Is my only option to replace the receiver, the steering servo with a 3 wire model and the speed control with a 3 wire esc?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:56 PM
pilotpete2

That would be your most practical way to go.
Pete