Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Corona 2.4ghz shooting Corona 2.4ghz down!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 01:06 AM
extraslim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona 2.4ghz shooting Corona 2.4ghz down!

Hi Guys,

This is very odd and wondered whether anyone has any thoughts.

I have a Corona DIY kit installed in a airtronics RD6000 tx, another guy at the club has a Corona module fitted onto a JR 9XII. I have lost a couple of models when his set has been turned on, with my model just going completely dead, no light, no nothing. When picking up the wreckage, unplugging and turning back on everything is fine!. 2 models, different receivers, same TX on my part.

So I chucked up an old foamy to try and replicate it. With the model in the air about 100M away, with me standing at 50m and the other guy and 0M, things appear fine, with him turning on and off, about 6 times. As I walked back to him, got about 10ft away, on his third time of turning on, mine locked out. We repeated it twice.

We are baffled how this can happen, can his tx be swamping my set?, how can you check 2.4ghz outputs, oscilloscope?. If it can take down another Corona, could it take down other makes, like Hitec, or Futaba...we are all a bit spooked to be honest.

Any help of guidance would be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:07 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a DSSS style or FHSS? I would think that a DSSS that does not properly scan the spectrum could pick channels in use.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:26 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's possible that the Corona TX module does not have a unique to each unit signature.
If this is the case, what you are describing would be quite possible.
(Much as how things didn't work properly when two 72 mhz TX's were operating on the same frequency
at the same time.)
Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 AM
extraslim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. It is DSSS. What do you mean by unique?