Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Traxxas Revo 2.5r

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM
rickh78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Revo 2.5r

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to the RC world. I have a nitro Traxxas Revo 2.5r that I cant seem to get going right. I bought the truck used and I had to put a new engine it. The break process was hard as I could not keep the truck running. I finally was able to get through 5 tanks of fuel.

I have a new spur gear, clutch bell that I bought when I first got the truck, and has EZ start on it now. I am pretty sure I have the motor put together correctly (bearings and all). Also, brand new glow plug. I just put a new set of clutch shoes and spring on it today, but now the truck will not move at all. I have reset the motor so the gears mesh correctly, and I have taken the shoes off and put them on the opposite way, thinking that I had them on wrong. I have also set the spur gear to move, but very easily. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you put new shoes on, you simply wrap the spring around the shoes and connect them with each end? Drive shaft is not wobbly or anything and I can move the truck by pushing it. I am just at a stand still as all I did was change the shoes and spring today. What was in it was simply shoes, with no spring. Before the new shoes and spring, I could get it to go pretty fast, I just had an issue tuning the LSN for acceleration.

Also, I have reset the carb HSN and LSN back to factory settings. When it would move, I would tune the HSN and see the increase in performance, but the truck just had no balls from a dead stop. It gradually would take off. I have seen some videos where the truck is popping wheelies and screams! The truck I have can scream, but like I said I cannot seem to figure out why it does not take off fast, even leaning the LSN doesn't seem to do anything.