Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 18MZ updates?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 12:06 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 18MZ updates?

Anyone know if there's a new release coming? I think the last update was a year ago. Was hoping for some new features to be added like talking timers, fuel level telemetry etc... Had a look at the JETI radios at Kentucky Jets and they are impressive for a lot less. Been using Futaba since I've been flying and only bought the 18 because my 12FG failed twice on me and both times I could have lost a jet. My 18MZ has been a 100% but this is their flagship radio(and the most expensive one on the market) and it is falling behind in the feature category.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner
Anyone know if there's a new release coming? I think the last update was a year ago. Was hoping for some new features to be added like talking timers, fuel level telemetry etc... Had a look at the JETI radios at Kentucky Jets and they are impressive for a lot less. Been using Futaba since I've been flying and only bought the 18 because my 12FG failed twice on me and both times I could have lost a jet. My 18MZ has been a 100% but this is their flagship radio(and the most expensive one on the market) and it is falling behind in the feature category.
Actually there is another thread where an update T18MZ V2 4.1 is mentioned but it is over 5 months old and from the UK. There is one out there but no sign of it in the US. Current version shown on Futaba US site is T18MZ_V2_3_1.zip, yes well over a year old.

While I like the features and robustness of the 18MZ FASSTest system it is annoying to see $300-$400 systems (currently or soon to be on the street) containing nearly identical features although not as much programming depth. I trust my higher dollar birds only to the 18MZ due to the programming depth but my everyday sport/small scale planes and helis get the lesser systems with all programming features they need plus telemetry feedback.

Perhaps we will see the 2.4.0 - 2.4.1 updates (both on Robbe web site) when Futaba USA gets around to it. It has some new features such as overload protection in the S-Bus servo programming menu, some updated features to the wireless trainer function and telemetry updates for a new current draw sensor which is in stock at Robbe.

Don't know why our $3000 system is tail end Charley but it will make me think twice before going that route again.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

It's out boys....
Ver. 2.4.1
http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html
Old 08-15-2014, 09:24 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks for the info. Not that much added seeing as its been so long since the last update.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 PM
jbwilhelmi
My Feedback: (1)

If I download the latest T18mz update does that include all previous updates or does each one have to be downloaded in sequence?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Just do the latest one. It's the only one showing on the software update page for the MZ.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The latest update is all you need. It has everything that's come before it.