Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz stick jitters

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 05:33 PM
coalburner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz stick jitters

My Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz transmitter throttle stick has the jitters. At first I thought it was the throttle servo so i swapped that out and still got the jitters. The jitters happen when the stick is at the low position. This sound like some parts probably have to be replaced. The question that I have is, is it possible to swap out the entire stick assembly without too much difficulty? Can I use a throttle stick assembly from a Futaba skysport 4yf or Futaba 6ex? Hoping I might be able to do a fix in-house.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

You should try the radio with a receiver that's not in an airplane, with nothing else but one servo plugged into the throttle channel. It could be a connection in the airplane, interference, or something else. Or at least try a different airplane and see if the throttle servo behaves the same way.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:58 PM
coalburner

I binded the plane with a 7c transmitter and have been flying it for a couple of weeks. I tried the "faulty servo" (the original suspect servo that I took out) with another receiver outside of the plane and used the jittery stick 6ex transmitter and got the jitters. Then I used the same set up binded with the 7c and I got no jitters. I think the prob is most likely in the 6ex transmitter throttle stick. the "faulty servo" works fine when plugged into the other channel plugs on the plane's receiver using the 6ex transmitter. The "faulty servo" just jitters when plugged into the plane's receiver's throttle channel.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:28 AM
ukengineman

Sounds like the track on the Tx throttle pot is worn/dirty.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 AM
coalburner

ukengineman, i think you are right. i opened the transmitter back and released the throttle stick spring to allow free movement of the stick. Some quick back and forth stick movement seemed to have temporarily resolved the problem. But, I think it's only a matter of time that this will reoccur. So, the question remains, can a Futaba 6ex transmitter stick module be replaced with a Futaba skysport 4yf stick module?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The stick assemblies between the two systems are different, and one won't replace the other. Likely, you'll need a new stick pot. When a stick pot is replaced, the sticks are then recalibrated.