Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX-9 Li-ion battery storage maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 01:51 PM
spirit pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-9 Li-ion battery storage maintenance

Hi Guys
Having purchased a DX-9 transmitter this past spring, i now need to know how to take care of the transmitter lithium ion battery during these cold Iowa winter months when I do very little if any flying. If someone with knowledge on the care of these batteries during periods of low to no use would please share what they know, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Rich
Old 11-16-2014, 02:51 PM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G'day Mate,
I have a DX9, that is nearly 12 months old, I don't do anything special, just keep the TX in a case, with the battery charged, & it will be fine, the next time you need it.
Admittedly I fly all year round here in Australia, but these new type batteries are not like the old nicads or NiMh cells, that need cycling & so on, as long as they don't freeze,
all will be good, next season.

Cheers

Originally Posted by spirit pilot
Hi Guys
Having purchased a DX-9 transmitter this past spring, i now need to know how to take care of the transmitter lithium ion battery during these cold Iowa winter months when I do very little if any flying. If someone with knowledge on the care of these batteries during periods of low to no use would please share what they know, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Rich