Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Beginner's questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:36 AM
mattoakes123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner's questions

Hi all. I am endeavoring to make an RC car from scratch, buying the electronic components but making the chassis/body/steering mechanism, etc myself. I am new to the 'rc universe' site and I have a couple of questions that need answering before I buy my components and it would be great if you guys could help me

1)
I understand that ESC controls the voltage fed to the motor, but how do you regulate the voltage going to the servo?

2) How do I work out what battery size I need (do I just add the voltage needed for the servo and motor)?

3) How do I work out what gear ratio I need?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Matt
Old 11-21-2014, 06:10 PM
coriolan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt

Most ESC also include A BEC(Battery eliminator circuit)which provide the Rx and servos with regulated 5V. The running battery plug into the ESC which in turn control the motor(which can be brushed or brushless). The gear ratio will depend on the intended use,motor rpm and wheel size, have a look in the cars forum:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...scussions-179/