Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7S Setuo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7S Setuo question

I am having brain lock i have done this before but i forgot. I have a plane with 2 aileron servos but they are using a Y harness to use one channel on my RX .My question is when i am setting up the wing type in my radio do i select normal which shows 1 servo connected to both ailerons or do i select dual aileron even though i am only using one channel on because of the Y harness?
Old 12-04-2014, 03:43 PM
pilotpete2

In this case you'd use the 1 servo option.
Pete
Old 12-04-2014, 04:51 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Why would you use a "Y" lead, when you have such an easy to program radio as the DX7s, I can understand if you are short of channels in your RX,
but if you have enough channels, get rid of the "Y" lead & use separate channels for your ailerons, much better setup, much better programming, eg. servo reversing, the ability to use differential, if needed.
I would never use a "Y" lead unless it was absolutely necessary. And programming the extra aileron servo, is simply telling the TX to use 2 aileron servos, in the wing, & it is automatically setup for you.
Cheers

Originally Posted by p3arljam
I am having brain lock i have done this before but i forgot. I have a plane with 2 aileron servos but they are using a Y harness to use one channel on my RX .My question is when i am setting up the wing type in my radio do i select normal which shows 1 servo connected to both ailerons or do i select dual aileron even though i am only using one channel on because of the Y harness?