Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What are these guys using to fly out 15 mile's

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:02 AM
gtxkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these guys using to fly out 15 mile's

What to use to fly out 15 mile and still have video.
I see range view.
Ham
Very confusing.
How do you break it down.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

And on what planet do you think it is a great idea to fly out 15 miles? Are you aware of the threat this poses to RC modeling in general? Are you aware that actions such as this can contribute to traditional RC activities being legislated out of existence?

It just irks me to see threads like this being started when the FAA is looking at RC activities in general and wanting to come down on us with the iron fist of regulation or even elimination is some cases. Off my soapbox now.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:11 PM
grizzly59

Originally Posted by Truckracer
And on what planet do you think it is a great idea to fly out 15 miles? Are you aware of the threat this poses to RC modeling in general? Are you aware that actions such as this can contribute to traditional RC activities being legislated out of existence?

It just irks me to see threads like this being started when the FAA is looking at RC activities in general and wanting to come down on us with the iron fist of regulation or even elimination is some cases. Off my soapbox now.
I agree with you. How stupid can people get. I have seen a few questions about this distance thing on various sites and wonder who these guys really are and where do they come from? Why do we always need laws to stop questionable behaviors when good old common sense should should curb such unnecessary activity.

Last edited by grizzly59; 01-14-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 PM
gtxkid

Originally Posted by Truckracer

There are thousands of people doing it.
Nothing new.
I would like to get back on subject.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:57 PM
grizzly59

There should be no subject. Guys like you are going to make flying RC impossible as the Federal Government will make a law and we are done. Don't you know all the stuff going on with AMA trying to save the hobby? You can't see that, Huh?
Old 01-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by gtxkid
Nothing new.
I would like to get back on subject.
Edit: My previous comment was removed because the OP probably wouldn't understand the points I was trying to make.

Last edited by Truckracer; 01-15-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP has started multiple threads here and at RCG asking the same questions, then gets upset when people ask what the purpose of flying 15 miles out is. In other threads he's also asked about payload capacity, and again, won't give specifics about the intended purpose. OP you're going to get the same answers and same push-back no matter where you go.

You're picking probably the single worst time to look into this, and an even worst time to try to do something like this. If you had serious and legitimate purposes, you sure wouldn't be asking hobby sites for advice, and you wouldn't have a problem explaining what you are doing. I'm against cencorship in general, but this thread and the other half dozed you've started call out for extra scrutiny.

Are you just doing this to get reactions out of people?

You do realize the more you post like this the more attention you are going to get, and not just from folks in the hobby. You're going to pop up on other radars too.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:28 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

The OP needs to reported to the FBI or Homeland Security!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gtxkid
If thousands are doing it, why not ask them? Oh yea, they're Al Qaeda. Never mind!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:03 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are valid uses for R/C planes that, outside the US, may be quite legal. Say in international waters at low altitude.
Trouble is there are also plenty of uses that are totally illegal, anywhere.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:23 AM
gtxkid

Why hide it in the shadows, thousands of people are doing it.
Why not talk about it.
There are people on both side's.
I seam to get a lot of good info from out of the us and lot of negative reactions from here in us.
That is ok, some make very good point.
Some are just plain ignorant.
It is good to discus this on a professional level.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:32 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckk2
There are valid uses for R/C planes that, outside the US, may be quite legal. Say in international waters at low altitude.
Trouble is there are also plenty of uses that are totally illegal, anywhere.
That may be true, but he's talking off Florida.

I think he needs to consider a full-scale aircraft. It meets all the needs he has posted here and on RCG (where he's been hammered on for the stupidity of doing this with the current FAA situation).

Now he's just down to trying to make his thread/request to look legit. It's pretty useless imho.

Andy
Old 01-18-2015, 01:59 PM
XMech2k
My Feedback: (2)

Thousands of people are getting AIDS. Don't mean it's right.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:35 AM
porcia83
Banned

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...289353601.html
Old 01-22-2015, 06:59 AM
XMech2k
My Feedback: (2)

It was only a matter of time. There are 2 glaring errors in the story though. First instead of 'this is the first occurrence of a drone carrying drugs' has been reported, it should read 'this is the first occurrence a multi-rotor done had been caught trying to...'. Second, it should state 'Mexican authorities will try to determine who attempted to do this so they can quickly return it to its rightful owners with apologies before they and their families mysteriously vanish.'

US authorities know people will try anything to get stuff across the border. This is no surprise to them.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:19 AM
porcia83
Banned

many of the stories too have a pic of a Phantom too...they all rush to be the first to report without having all the details. I believe about 50% of what is written.