Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8UAF

Old 02-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Walther
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8UAF

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can not find it. Would like to try a Carona 2.4 module in my 8u super, any feed back would be welcome.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 AM
sehlers

Default Corona conversion on Futaba 8 u and Hitec conversion

Hey ,
I'm pretty sure it will work since a friend told me how they tried every module based transmitter they had from Futaba Gold boxes to current models with no problems with the Corona .
I, however decided before I entered the 2.4 party about 5 years ago ,was to install the Hitec Module ,and use their receivers and use their system protocol in my
Futaba 8 U...I did find that the Hitec ant base to mount in transmitter was an issue unless I removed the o-ring (Which it what they said to do ,but I had to use a little longer metric screw to make sure the base engage well .
Never had any issues at all ,although I was hesitant at first with such small antennas on my older system I had not used in years .
In fact when my brother bought the Hitec Aurora system ,I loved the ease of programing ,(Much better than any Spektrum IMHO) Touch screen a plus ,and no issues in crowded environments ,like I have seen with only a few on Spektrums ! ( I have borrowed a basic Spectrum from my Bro for BNF indoor stuff .I have had issues binding it when others were also binding a same time .I have flown several planes at same time because of this ! lol Really !! I did buy the first version
Aurora ,but wish I had the New version with extra abilities and even finer resolution .
Good Luck
Old 02-10-2015, 12:35 PM
rudder turns

I still have an older 8u radio, upgraded it to 2.4 using the Hitec modular, loved it so much I also up graded my futaba 9C radio again using another hitec Modular, again I loved it sooo much for Christmas I got a Hitec 9X radio, easy to understand and program. I have to laugh when I hear that they have to use 5 cell receiver pack, than upgrade your radio so its hopping, difficult to program,than see guys having binding problems and the price of Spectrum receivers.Hitec optimum receivers all come with receiver battery telemetry, and they are priced right too, thanks ED
Old 02-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My flying buddy has one we have used with the Dymond module and receiver made by Corona and it works fine. You just have to be aware of the linking and binding process which is different than most, or at least it used to be (its an older model). We have also tried the Futaba and Hitec 2.4 systems and they work great. Its a good old radio but the programming has been left behind by the newer radios. My Hitec Aurora 9x is so much more pleasant to use. But, hey, go with what you got and works for you.
Ed, have you tried these receivers? They work great with the Hitec, just no telemetry, which I don't use anyway.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/minima-compatible.html
Old 02-15-2015, 03:31 PM
chuckk2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Walther View Post
I am sure this has been discussed before but I can not find it. Would like to try a Carona 2.4 module in my 8u super, any feed back would be welcome.
The prototypes (I tested one or two) worked quite well. Plenty of range, etc. So much that a dual antenna RX was eventually produced with one antenna.
I'm a bit leary anyway, since I don't know how good the production QC might be. That's a problem with some China made electronics.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Walther
My Feedback: (1)

I would like to thank all for the input, I think just about everything in electronics it a gamble!!!

Tom.